How can you tell?

sassy~one

I really don't think there's 'best and worst' cabins, but there are different levels. The higher the letter, the higher the cabin category (with a couple exceptions, like the PS & S Suites). Even an NN Inside cabin is likely to be nice, if lacking a view :) You can see the category listings for the Maasdam here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/fleet/stateroomHome.do?ship=ma

sassy~one, "best" and "worst" are in the eyes of the beholder. There's general agreement that an outside cabin is better than an inside, a veranda better still, suite, and penthouse the best.

But then there's the $$$ aspect, so inside is "best" for me.

Some people want to be aft, in a more quiet area, and near direct access to the eating areas. Others want to be mid-ship. On the S-class I like an inside on Lower Promenade just aft of the atrium.

In other words, you need to decide what you like/don't like to have in a cabin and then pick what's "best" for you.

It's a great thing that it works that way, too! Otherwise we'd all be trying to book the same cabin.

sassy~one, "best" and "worst" are in the eyes of the beholder. There's general agreement that an outside cabin is better than an inside, a veranda better still, suite, and penthouse the best.

But then there's the $$$ aspect, so inside is "best" for me.

Some people want to be aft, in a more quiet area, and near direct access to the eating areas. Others want to be mid-ship. On the S-class I like an inside on Lower Promenade just aft of the atrium.

In other words, you need to decide what you like/don't like to have in a cabin and then pick what's "best" for you.

It's a great thing that it works that way, too! Otherwise we'd all be trying to book the same cabin.

Well said Ruth! We are booked in a BB guaranteed only second time we have done this but like everyone says there is no bad cabin. We love the Maasdam and we are looking forward to going back 5/27/06 to Canada/New England. We got the best price with air but I booked back in August I think before alot of the prices went up and they included air round trip. Whatever you pick have a great time:p

Kathy

Archived