NCL Haven vs RCI Oasis Suite-opinions please!

Coffeecat1

Hello!

I have posted over on the Royal boards and was hoping to get some insight from NCL cruisers (warning-I feel like a bit of a NCL traitor:D)

I have a loft suite booked on Oasis next June. I am super excited to go and will be traveling with my husband and two daughters who will be 5 and 3 yo at the time. Only ended up booking with Royal because some friends of my husband's from high school were going and invited us along-otherwise I don't know that I would have jumped ship to Royal.

It's a fair statement to say I am a loyal NCL cruiser and have sailed on multiple ships and always in the Haven. Back in 2009, sailed on Mariner of the Seas in a standard balcony and really didn't like the assigned seating times and fixed table mates-otherwise it was a great vacation. Thus, found NCL with any time dining and specialties and never looked back...until now! We haven't cruised since 2013 because of having small kids so I haven't been on NCL since the Breakaway in 2013. We are not super hard to please and are pretty down to earth-just have very limited vacation time and like the size of the rooms and extra perks, so when we do vacation we go all out.

Looking for comparisons, insights and opinions on how the Oasis suite experience will measure up to the NCL Haven experience. Am I going to miss NCL?!?! Will Royal convert me?

Thanks so much!

My issue with Royal's suite program is that it varies depending on the which class of ship you are on. Also, it depends on which level of suite you are in. Unless you are in the highest class of suites, I think there is a chance that you will find Royal's product lacking.

I've never sailed Royal, but I have considered it. But their suite program just doesn't match what I can get on NCL. In fact, unless you are at their highest level, it's not even close.

The loft suites have no comparable suites in NCL. You may have the Crown Loft, the smaller of the suites. It is a little bigger than the H4 on NCL but has all those stairs. You don't have a GENIE with the Crown, but you have the restaurant, etc. The bigger loft suites have some extra amenities that I can't recall- drinks package, butler, gratuities...

I don't know if you got a super sale, but we have always found the Oasis class suites mucho more more for our family of 5. We can't fit in the Crown

We priced Oasis class for next June, 1st week. Is 20k for a suite for the 5 of us.

We had one of the large loft suite and loved it on Oasis their first year. The amenities have increased since then. We missed the Haven/ Courtyard but the suite was insanely nice.( You will have ZERO privacy, by the way. The master bedroom is not a room. It is a , well, loft! ) As for dining- you do not have to choose a time on Royal. It isn't called freestyle, but you can eat whenever you choose .The atmosphere is very different than the Haven but lovely- just not as cozy is the term I'm looking for.

We liked the Oasis but found less to do than on NCL. Your children are much younger, so I can't speak to kid's programs. My husband liked the size better than the Getaway class, I found it too city like. Our kids will go on anything on the sea.

Don't feel bad-Royal has an amazing product! If they had more reasonable suite prices we would use them more often. But we have 3 teens and need 2 br or adjoinings and RCL has priced us out of their market for now.

NCL is getting close in price, though

And if you get converted- cool!

I am with Brookie on this one. We have sailed suites on RCCI but none have been a patch on the NCL Haven suites for us adults. On the other hand we have taken all of our grandkiddies on many different cruiselines and they really liked RCCI because of the kiddy clubs, even when we stayed in a balcony cabin.:D

I am both an NCL and RCCL fan. I only sail in suites. The Oasis class ship is my favorite of them all. Before Oasis and Allure went into drydock and got the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge, I would have said NCL hands down. But now I would choose RCCL(Oasis class only) over NCL and the Haven. The Oasis class has so much more, and in the MDR you do not have to sit with anybody if you do not want to. If you have children, the programs on RCCL are so much better. If you have specific questions or concerns I would be happy to address them:)

I don't think Royals suite program has as much to offer as NCL's. Royals benefits are spread out all over the ship. Where as NCL's are all together in The Haven. They have a sundeck and hot tub but no suite exclusive pool.

There is something about being on a ship and being just steps away from everything you want pool, hot tub, loungers, drinks, concierge, food.

Royal has a great product. We go back and forth between the 2 lines. We loved Oasis and Allure. They blow you away with people management and flow. They feel less crowded than Getaway and Escape felt. We don't stay in suites on Royal because I don't see the value personally. We cruise during summer so its high season and 20K for a week is more than I am willing to spend. Not a fan of stairs on land much less at sea. My kids would also have to share a sofa bed on royal and that's not a good thing. So its just 2 balcony rooms for us on royal.