QM2 Cabin 6065

Navaleye

I'm British, I have no interest in Halloween its an American thing which no-one here takes any interest in. Everything I have told you is true. You can choose to believe it or not, that's entirely your choice, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I do believe you. Our maid (a black woman named Becky) died in my house when I was 15. She was very loving and had been with my family for over 30 years. After that I would hear howling and walking noises. I told my parents but they thought I was just a scared teenager.

Well, I moved out of my parents' house when I was 19 and then moved back when I got divorced at age 25. I had grown accustomed to the footsteps but my new boyfriend asked me "what the hell" those footsteps were. I told him that it had been going on for a long time and I thought it was Becky.

Well, one night we were sitting in the livingroom and the fire was the only light in the room- my boyfriend (who became my husband)- stopped dead in his tracks and looked as white as a ghost. I have never seen someone so scared. He said "Didn't you see that. A woman in a pink sweater just walked by." I didn't see the "ghost" but it must have been Becky because she always wore a pink cardigan over her maid uniform but I had never told my boyfriend this peice of information.

Anyway- I do believe now! In fact, I made sure that I wasn't in 6065!

Yeah, and I was walking across the Flagler Bridge going into Palm Beach one especially dark night, for the lights were out due to a carriage, shaped like a pumpkin, completlely taking the streetlight at the end of the bridge from a vertical to a horizontal position, when the statue of Henry Flagler himself hopped from his bronze pedestal and said, " Thread, wuz up?" Startled by being addressed with such familiarity by a weathered statue, I answered, "Not much, what's up witch you?" He said that the chick that got out of the smashed pumpkin looked just like this lady in Shakespeare's

play, As You Like It, whose name was Rosalind. I replied I knew of her and that she was a friend of a person whom I knew from this 6065 thread who went by the name of Navaleye. He then asked if I could hook him up, so to speak. I said that I wasn't certain if she was going out with him or they were just fiends. Anyway, Eye, ask Rosie if she wants to hang out with Henry Flagler. He said he would understand if you guys were like, well, you know. See you! Thread

Yeah, and I was walking across the Flagler Bridge going into Palm Beach one especially dark night, for the lights were out due to a carriage, shaped like a pumpkin, completlely taking the streetlight at the end of the bridge from a vertical to a horizontal position, when the statue of Henry Flagler himself hopped from his bronze pedestal and said, " Thread, wuz up?" Startled by being addressed with such familiarity by a weathered statue, I answered, "Not much, what's up witch you?"

So now we have the Commendatore as well?

Matthew

Yeah, and I was walking across the Flagler Bridge going into Palm Beach one especially dark night, for the lights were out due to a carriage, shaped like a pumpkin, completlely taking the streetlight at the end of the bridge from a vertical to a horizontal position, when the statue of Henry Flagler himself hopped from his bronze pedestal and said, " Thread, wuz up?" Startled by being addressed with such familiarity by a weathered statue, I answered, "Not much, what's up witch you?" He said that the chick that got out of the smashed pumpkin looked just like this lady in Shakespeare's

play, As You Like It, whose name was Rosalind. I replied I knew of her and that she was a friend of a person whom I knew from this 6065 thread who went by the name of Navaleye. He then asked if I could hook him up, so to speak. I said that I wasn't certain if she was going out with him or they were just fiends. Anyway, Eye, ask Rosie if she wants to hang out with Henry Flagler. He said he would understand if you guys were like, well, you know. See you! Thread

Threadspool,

Just in case Rosalind turns into a hipster, it's "wit choo", rather than "witch you", despite the urge to describe the moment in terms of spirit-like creatures.

Yours in looking over my shoulder,

I was just having a little pun.... Threadnut

But, your other pun in the same post was much better! :) And I didn't have to haunt around to find it

Yours spectrally

J

He then asked if I could hook him up, so to speak. I said that I wasn't certain if she was going out with him or they were just fiends.

So now we have the Commendatore as well?

Matthew

By disguising himself as Leporello, the Don manages to escape his pursuers. Hiding out in a cemetery, he hears a mysterious voice threaten him. He sees that it is the statue of the Commendatore, which carries an inscription saying that he waits to be avenged. Don Giovanni invites the statue to dinner, with unpalatable consequences…

Great story! :)

Yet, this was no opera. It really happened, I think. It might have been the switch from Stella to Spaten that pecipitated the entire event or even the missing worm. Threadsobsessed
Dear Threadsobsessed, please excuse me. I do not doubt your veracity! :rolleyes:

I am a fervent believer in spirits, especially a fine old Scotch. ;)

Archived