Sydney Hotels

Thank you all so much for your replies. You are all so helpful. I think we will keep the

Mantra 2. Still have 5 months, but getting so excited to see Sydney.

In Auckland, any feedback on Quadrant Hotel, looks like a good location?

Thank you all so much for your replies. You are all so helpful. I think we will keep the

I know!! Same here, we are six months out, staying at the YHA night before our cruise.....very excited just to be in Sydney at the Rocks with the awesome view from the YHA that everyone raves about.

Edited by makawe

I recommend a cab as that is a bit of a walk and it is all uphill from the cruise dock. I would go for something a bit closer like near Albert street and Queen streets. The Sebel has some nice discounts occasionally.

We stayed at the Celestion Waldorf Apartment Hotel last year which is in a great location, right on the edge of the downtown waterfront area. Mostly flat walking, the hill is behind the apartments.

I didn't mind the location, although it was up a hill, but not far and quite scenic.

I did find the rooms slightly smaller than usual. However, I'd be fine staying again.

Hello Loose Moose. My husband and I, Deb and Steve from Massachusetts, are going on the same cruise. We are staying at the Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks. There is a whole group that is on Cruise Critics that we will be having a Cruise Critic Party on the ship. We would love to have you join.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wondering if anyone has stayed at the Mercantile in the rocks?

Never stayed there, it seems to get good reviews but beware it is a pub, bar with accomodation, not a hotel as in principally accomodation.

What's the Old Sydney Inn like?

We've booked for the night before our cruise purely for the short distance to the terminal and so my sister can finally see the Opera House. Costing an absolute bomb, I just hope it's nice.

Our favourite spot when sailing out of the OPT.

If you mean the Old Holiday Inn.

Lol yep that's the one!

You really need to watch prices closely.

I have two complaints about it.

1. The Windows in rooms that would have a view are pretty small, and if a big ship is in you won't get much of a view anyway. Best view of the Opera House is once you board.

2. Unless you book a handicap room there are stairs. The lift will go to a landing, but then there will still be about three stairs to get to the hallway to your room, so if stairs are a problem be sure to ask for a handicapped room, (not sure how old your mum is or her mobility so it may not be an issue for you).

But a great spot. I like to go up on the roof or down near the Cnr of George Street and Hickson Rd and watch my ship come in, then it's really just cross the road and a couple of hundred metres and you are at the terminal. Hard to beat.