Laundry on Star in Alaska

olesiabr

I have read conflicting reports about whether the self serve laundry is available on the Star in Alaska....can anyone give me a recent report? Do we need to being quarters or do we use our cruise card?

Thanks!

Self-serve laundry is available on Star Princess. Can't imagine why it would be closed in Alaska.

Here's tour of the laundry room on the Grand that another user posted. As you can see, you use your ship card to purchase tokens for the machines.

[YOUTUBE]y3ECBhZwmsE[/YOUTUBE]

I have read conflicting reports about whether the self serve laundry is available on the Star in Alaska....can anyone give me a recent report? Do we need to being quarters or do we use our cruise card?

Thanks!

You use your cruise card to get tokens. Wow I just watch the video check it out. Post #2

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Was on the Star in June. Did laundry the first day since we had been driving around Alaska for a week prior to boarding.

I don't remember reading anything in the Patter about laundromat being closed during the day. I do remember a sign on the door with the hours of operation, but can't remember when exactly the quiet hours were.

I've seen the Ruby close about half of the laundry rooms during parts of an Alaska cruise. I don't understand what that accomplishes, but some people have guessed that it somehow cuts down on waste water, which even if treated can't be released in some areas of Alaska.

Was on the Star in June. Did laundry the first day since we had been driving around Alaska for a week prior to boarding.

I don't remember reading anything in the Patter about laundromat being closed during the day. I do remember a sign on the door with the hours of operation, but can't remember when exactly the quiet hours were.

That'

s good to hear...I'm boarding in Whittier after a 7 day land tour. What time did you board the ship, and when were you able to take the hour or 2 to do the laundry??

I'm still deciding if I should do it in Kenai before boarding, or if it could wait.

TIA

Thanks!

There is no way to tell ahead of time.

Since Princess cannot discharge any treated water in certain areas in Alaska it depends on how full the gray/treated water storage is at the time.

We have seen them closed for a good portion of the cruise and we have seen them open the entire time.

That'

s good to hear...I'm boarding in Whittier after a 7 day land tour. What time did you board the ship, and when were you able to take the hour or 2 to do the laundry??

I'm still deciding if I should do it in Kenai before boarding, or if it could wait.

TIA

We boarded about 3:00. Started a load as soon as I unpacked. Done before dinner.

We boarded about 3:00. Started a load as soon as I unpacked. Done before dinner.

Thank you sooo much! We're supposed to get to the ship "in time for a late lunch". Would be good to empty out our land bags and get it done before the ship gets crowded! :cool:

We took an Alaskan cruise on the star in July.if you go on the Princess website, you can see the ship's plan and where the laundry rooms are located. They are small and often busy. And yes you just purchasent tokens with your room card,