Bora Bora Best Excursions

The idea of a day in a Hotel beach is not bad, Chrysteen, it is possible to snorkel?

No, these beaches are mostly shallow, white sand beaches. Snorkeling is best near the coral reefs.

We relaxed, swam & took in the beauty. We went to The Inter Continental resort & ordered a drink at the bar and sat outside looking at the huts over the water, the beautiful pool & gorgeous beach. We checked and the rooms over the water start at around $800 per night, I would love to stay there, second best was a day there at the beach!

I hope you have a marvelous time! We sure did.

On Moorea we took the Tour "A" with Hiro's Private tour. If you do the picnic with Princess you are with loads & loads of people. On this tour they take you swimming with the stingrays they are so friendly & soft. Also you see Blue tip sharks. After the wonderful swim they take you to a private beach for a picnic & snorkeling, the best snorkeling we had. His phone number when you get to Tahiti is 78 70 10 or 70 51 08, Hiro Tours.

Have fun!

Chrysteen

Monica,

I disagree somewhat with the previous poster. The beach at the Sheraton Moorea is nice, but there IS pretty good snorkeling out by the overwater bungalows, also. We just had a drink there, used their beach and lounge chairs, for a couple of hours. I think you would enjoy your day there!

Nita

Nita,

I must have been misunderstood, I never went to the Sheraton Moorea, I was talking about the Bora Bora Inter Continental. Sorry for the confusion.

Chrysteen

Hi Toto,

What's up? Got your post, yeah they are in Tahitian Time, SLOW......

response.

It usually takes a week or two for me to book our dives with them after we requested a date by email, so what excursion did you request? They have been good folks to book with!! I can't say enough about their operation. They have a beautiful hotel right on the lagoon in Bora Bora.. gottta go

Richard

Norwegian Dream Mediterranean/Holy Lands 10/99

Carnival Holiday Ensenada 1/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 10/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 4/01

Windspirit Costa Rica 1/02

Windsurf Southern Caribbean 1/03

Tahitian Princess Tahiti 10/03

Dawn Princess Southern Caribbean 4/04

10/14/04 Tahitian Princess Polynesia/Cook Islands

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

12/23/04 Dawn Princess Western Caribbean Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you all!

specially about back problem-4x4 issue.

And yes, Chrys, I was talking about Bora Bora, just mentioned the Sheraton in Moorea because we'll be there and it could make things easier...

1818 We have done the 4X4 on Tahiti. It's a 5-6 hour trek on dirt road in an open Range Rover. Great beauty, wonderful rivers, waterfalls and views, but you'll be worn out by the bumps and you'll be covered with dust. Not good for someone with a bad back!

CCarter snorkeling in Bora Bora is best by boat. We have never done just a beach snorkel there, but have done lots of snorkeling and diving from boats. It's GREAT!

Richard

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My wife and I did the Tahitian Princess cruise last October and one of the highlights of this cruise was doing a circle the island jetski around Bora Bora. Because the island is surrounded by a reef the water is very calm not to mention crystal clear. It took about 2 hours. At that time Princess did not offer it as an excursion, I learned of it from a crew member. When you get off the tender there are many tables set-up offering tours, I booked it there. One suggestion .. this does book quickley so I made an early trip off the ship (1st tender) to book this and was able to reserve the tour for day 2 in Bora Bora as that day had sold out. This is a MUST DO!

Crown Princess, 11/91; Mercury, 11/98; Voyager, 12/99; Voyager, 4/00; Majesty, 9/00; Explorer, 2/01; Monarch, 1/02; Voyager, 4/02; Infinity, 8/02; Sea Princess, 1/03; Tahitian Princess, 10/03; Radiance, 1/04

Experts, please,

What else to do in Papeete ? We gave up Patrick´s 4x4.

The Bora Bora jet ski was elected "a must". We should do this one and maybe relax in Matira beach as Manu recomend...

And in the afternoon we arrive, it is possible to take "Le Truck" to look around? Where should we go? Where is "Bloody Mary" is it just a restaurant? Why people talk so much about it?

Hi,

We're on the Sapphire Princess LA to Sydney in November / December and will be in Bora Bora on Sunday 5th December - does anyone know if they offer these activities 7 days or will some of them not be offered on a Sunday?

Thanks,

Jim

Ia orana everybody !!

ccarter , the best snorkeling in Bora Bora is probably at Matira, near the sofitel motu. But if you want a really good snorkeling, forget Bora Bora and go for a snorkeling tour in Raiatea or Tahaa where you can snorkle in the passes.

1818, In Tahiti, why don't you just rent a small car and do an island tour by yourself. This is a good way to discover Tahiti.

Have a nice week end !

Manu

The Tahiti traveler team

Manu, I've been reading in the board about people who booked Bruno's tour and he didn't show up (April, 27 and May, 7). Do you have any advice about it. I booked his tour and don't want surprises...

Hi All....just back from the 5/7 TP and 5 nights postcruise stay at the Intercontinental Beachcomber on Moorea. Evernything is absolutely incredible!

On Bora Bora day 1 we just took a tender to shore and grabbed the le truck and headed off to Matira Beach. The "public" beach there is not good for snorkeling at all. It is all sand and no reef, so no fish (catfish..that was about it) Ended up at the Intercontinental right next to that beach. They have a wonderful bar in there with tables and chairs right in the sand. You can snorkel right there too. There are rays and all the beautiful fish right in and around all their OWB's. Just to the left of their pier/walkway there is pretty good snorkeling too. Not the best, but a great way to spend the afternoon. The snorkeling by the Sofitel resort is really good. To get there by le truck, ask the driver to drop you off there (the Sofitel), not at Matira Beach or he'll let you off at the sandy beach. There is an entertaining old lady on the "public" beach though.....she rakes all the coral and shell bits that wash up and it sounds like she's yelling at people that come along in French. Everyone was kind of scared of her at first...she'd watch you put your towel down then come over and yak away at you in this real fast French....we finally figured out she was trying to tell all these people that every few minutes you would get some big waves...which of course got their towels and everything else wet. Nobody listened to her of course. Then she'd laugh and laugh when all their stuff got wet. She's worth a visit to the beach. She could actually speak some English and was a very nice, if not excentric, lady.

Linda

Tahitian Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Wow...I need to go back to Tahiti! Wanted to add my vote for the jetski around Bora Bora, we booked it ourselves with someone we found over the internet...around 3 hours for $120 per jetski. It was the most awesome experience. Also, did a sunset catamaran the last nite and that was very romantic (probably helped that everyone thought it would rain so the boat was almost empty which made it much nicer for us!) icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Cunard Princess 1983; Royal Princess 1985; Dawn Princess 1990; Carnival Fantasy 1993; Epirotiki Odysseus 1995; Carnival Ecstasy 1998; Sun Princess 12/1999; Renaissance 12/2000; Carnival Ecstasy 8/2001; Carnival Spirit 12/2001; Grandeur of the Seas 6/2002; Celebrity Infinity 8/29/2002; Carnival Triumph 6/14/03; Grand Princess 1/11/04; Caribbean Princess 9/4/04; Diamond Princess 1/8/05

J18KTLEO, I´m almost booking my waverunner with Topdive (the same as Richard above)the cost is more than US$200 for 2 hours with a guide.

Did you pay just US$120 for 3 hours? Did you have a guide also? Do they have a site or e-mail?

PFIBILLY

TopDive has the sunset cruise, too . They charge about US$72 each. Princess US$99.

Monica

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1818:

PFIBILLY

TopDive has the sunset cruise, too . They charge about US$72 each. Princess US$99.

Monica<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that many of the recent TP cruisers have booked a Sunset Cruise thru Taravana : Taravana Website

All of the reviews have been glowing about this excursion, but the one caveat is that you may not be able to contact them by email as their computer has been down for a while.

I have booked over 10 excursions with top dive on the 35 days we have spent in French Polynesia. We booked the wave runners twice, had a guide and I think we paid around $110 for both of us. This was 2 years ago so prices may have gone up, it was a blast! They are excellent. We have tentatively booked the taravana sunset cruise for our October cruise in Bora Bora along with diving.

To tour the lagoon by boat or wave runner is a great way to see Bora Bora. We have seen it by, catamaran, wave runner and motor scooters.

Richard

4/08/05 Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;04;08;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived