Question about Dynamic Dining on Anthem

arb3

Hi,

I booked a fairly last minute 5 day cruise to Bermuda (Sept 3) last week and have some questions about Dynamic Dining. This is my first cruise on RCI - I have been on several NCL Cruises. One of the things that drew me to NCL was Freestyle Dining where I would just show up to a restaurant when I was hungry and never had to wait more that about 10 minutes (and when the wait was that long they gave me a glass of champagne). I have been reading a lot of posts about this ship and saw that dinner reservations were recommended. Since the cruise was just over a month away the only reservations are around 9:00. It is just my wife going so I was wondering what the chances are of simply walking up at an earlier time and being seated. Or what are the chances of changing the reservations on board? I hate to plan my day around dinner. Depending on what/when we eat lunch typically dictates when I want to have dinner.

Thanks!

Book any time that is left..............some may have better times. Go to the early show, and show up at dinner after, around 8. You will get in as it's only two of you, may have to wait 5 minutes. Without res, you won't be let in until after 9 pm or told to eat in the Windjammer.

Just make reservations, and have a wonderful cruise :):)

I agree with Ocean Dancer. Go ahead and book the times that are available and you will very likely be able to dine earlier. This happened to us at the Grande restaurant, we were seated a half-hour earlier without any issues.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Or what are the chances of changing the reservations on board? I hate to plan my day around dinner.

There are some slots available on board that are not bookable online before the cruise, but to get any of those you have to go to the venue and make the reservation in person or call once on board.

You can just show up when you're hungry, but guess what, other folks do that as well. So, you may have a lengthy wait depending on time/venue.

On our Anthem cruises, there were always long lines for people who just showed up without a reservation.

When you board (the earlier, the better), you can go to the podium outside the dining rooms on deck 3 and the host there will help you set up reservations.

You can also download the RoyalIQ app onto your smart phone before you leave for the cruise, and use it to make reservations, view your account, track your luggage, view the daily calendar, etc. It is free, and you do NOT need to purchase an internet package to use these features.

If you wish to make reservations for iFly or NorthStar, you can do this onboard too, using the iPads set up in the customer service area. (there are iPads in the shore excursion area, across from customer service, which is generally a much less crowded area)

If you are just doing a five night cruise, in my opinion dealing with no reservations will be easy.

Can you make any online reservations for the Solarium Bistro? Try that.

Yes, you can walk up and ask for a table for two. Success and wait times will depend on so many factors that no one here can predict how it will go.

Yes, you can make a reservation once you board, either in person, or on one of the iPads that are all around the ship, or on the Royal IQ app. (download now, activate once you arrive - possibly even in the terminal while checking in).

You can eat in any of the specialty restaurants.

You can eat at Michael's Genuine Pub. It is not complimentary, but it's not expensive, and rarely full.

The Windjammer buffet is actually very good.

Just have a great cruise, and enjoy Bermuda!

:)

Thanks for the info. This is the first cruise I have booked so late and I guess it makes a big difference when you need reservations for everything. I have already downloaded the app and will try to visit the restaurants in person to see if I can change the times. I really wish they did dining more like NCL where I didn't have to worry any of this. Certainly not the end of the world am I sure we will have a great time.