Is $8 enough for an alcoholic beverage

andrek

Don't forget the 15% tip ..

The gratuity of 15% is not included in the $8 limit. If you have the SBP as a perk it is covered, if you buy it is added to the $44.95 purchase price per day but the $8 limit is still how you figure your drinks. Most of HAL's offers are covered in the SBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaning Black Label, at $7.25, is covered. Looking forward to that! Just like a Malibu and Coke will be covered too. Any insight on how they'd handle a double or a 'heavy pour'?

A double is two drinks and is charged accordingly.

Don't forget the 15% tip ..

No' date=' NO, [b']NO[/b]! With the SBP, either purchased or included as in Explore4, the service charge can be ignored in determining which drinks qualify - it's the menu price only.

No, NO, NO! With the SBP, either purchased or included as in Explore4, the service charge can be ignored in determining which drinks qualify - it's the menu price only.

And to quote HAL's "Signature Beverage Package" option on the booking site,

7 Day Signature Beverage Package

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at a $8.00 or lower menu price. Up to 15 beverages...

We had the beverage package last week on the Westerdam. We like wine with dinner too. The Black Opal Shiraz is $7.50 and quite drinkable. We had it every night.

FWIW, I added up our receipts for the week. Even drinking wildly (for us!) we only spent about $200 each. I would never buy the package, because we wouldn't come close to getting our money worth, but it was fun to have it and just get whatever we wanted all the time.

is $7.95. You can also get a double at the same time. I also give a $1 a drink even if the 15% is incl. since it is put into a pool. This way they always remember what we drink and get a better pour.

Edited by OTOW guy

Everything except super-premium liquors are covered. And, the last time drink prices were raised, the limit was also raised.

Yes, you are wrong. The menu price must be $8 or less. The service charge has already been taken into account.

I printed up a copy of the drink menu which Crews News posted a while back & both DH's & my drinks are not listed on the menu..

DH drinks Black Russians (Vodka & Kahlua) & I drink White Russians (vodka, Kahlua & cream) or a Baileys drink which would include -Vodka, Kahlua & Baileys.. Can't figure out how HAL would price these.. :confused:

One drink which comes close is called Explorer's coffee which has Kahlua & Bailey's in coffee listed at $6.25..

When cruising we normally have only one or two drinks during Happy Hour, wine with dinner & I'll sometimes only order Baileys for my coffee instead of dessert.. In addition we plan to purchase a wine package for dinner..

Before our cruise I plan to purchase several Beverage Cards & wonder if $250 will be enough, or should I get more for an 11 day cruise..:confused:

Thanks for any advice given..

I printed up a copy of the drink menu which Crews News posted a while back & both DH's & my drinks are not listed on the menu..

DH drinks Black Russians (Vodka & Kahlua) & I drink White Russians (vodka, Kahlua & cream) or a Baileys drink which would include -Vodka, Kahlua & Baileys.. Can't figure out how HAL would price these.. :confused:

One drink which comes close is called Explorer's coffee which has Kahlua & Bailey's in coffee listed at $6.25..

When cruising we normally have only one or two drinks during Happy Hour, wine with dinner & I'll sometimes only order Baileys for my coffee instead of dessert.. In addition we plan to purchase a wine package for dinner..

Before our cruise I plan to purchase several Beverage Cards & wonder if $250 will be enough, or should I get more for an 11 day cruise..:confused:

Thanks for any advice given..

Tough call Betty - but if you are getting possibly two drinks at happy hour I thinkI would get an additional beverage card. Beverage cards are really safe since any amount not used is credited back to your on board account ;) (I am assuming it's one card of $250 for both of you and not a $250 card for each of you).

You wouldn't need much more to be safe,I would think.

The service charge that is added to the drinks can add up too ;)

Edited by kazu

Tough call Betty - but if you are getting possibly two drinks at happy hour I thinkI would get an additional beverage card. Beverage cards are really safe since any amount not used is credited back to your on board account ;) (I am assuming it's one card of $250 for both of you and not a $250 card for each of you).

You wouldn't need much more to be safe,I would think.

The service charge that is added to the drinks can add up too ;)

Black Russians and White Russians are priced the same as the more common cocktails. You won't have any problems ordering these, even at Happy Hour.

Thanks Jacqui & OV girl..Since DH does not pay for anything these days I was going to get one card for both of us for $250.. Yes one $250 card..

Jacqui will take your advice & increase it to $300...Then DH will have one small $50 card just in case he wants something when I'm out with my Friend...My Frinds DH will not want to go out with us all the time since he has problems with his legs, so they both will probably stay on board while my Friend & I are window shopping..Have to be careful as my DH might forget the card someplace...will buy in advance so both cards will have our names on them..

Thankyou again & have a good weekend..I should get some sleep..