Question about dining and Sky Suite

lindacat

I recently booked a cruise on Infinity in a Sky Suite. We are booked with a very large group who are having dinner in the main dining room at the late seating each night. We would like to eat with them each evening in the main dining room rather than eat by ourselves in Luminae. Is it possible to request the main dining room for dinner, but still be able to enjoy Luminae for breakfast and lunch?

I am not sure how big the group will be in total. It is a star trek themed cruise group. There may be anywhere from 100-300 on board. My friend and I opted for a sky suite for the extra room, balcony and extras. All the dining arrangements are being made by the tour organizer. My invoice does say late seating dining.

The fact that the invoice says late seating is just an artifact of the antiquated computer system Celebrity uses, so that's no help.

Normally just asking to move to the MDR isn't a problem. If you just wanted a simple table for two they could probably handle it easily. It's finding a place within the group's seating area that causes this to be a little trickier.

The first thing I would do is talk to the tour organizer and see what has already been requested. Will the others be at fixed tables each night, or will it be a mix and mingle situation? That is, as they come to the dining room, will they each have an assigned table.? Knowing which it is will help.

There are three ways to handle your request. First, you can have the tour organizer put in a request for you to join the group dining arrangement. That would really be the best way to do this.

Second you can ask the shoreside Concierge to put in the request. You should be contacted by them a couple weeks before you cruise. But they may run into a roadblock because the tour operator has control of its group's arrangements.

Third, you can wait until you are on the ship and have the Michael's Club Concierge work on it.

thank you for your quick replies...

In the past the tour organizer has always had fixed seating in the main dining room. There has been no mixing and mingling.

I will call and ask specifically about my situation.