New Valet Service in NYC

esm54687

With Valet Anywhere ceasing Cruise Valet service... Luxe just introduced their own so I thought I'd pass it along. I use them when I travel into NYC and always had good luck with them: http://subscriptions.luxe.com/nyccruise/

I'm still going to park at the cruise terminal myself for convenience but Luxe may be an option for others

I wouldn't do it if they were paying me.

So, as I said.... this may be an option for some.... obviously valet is never an option for you but no need to belittle those who may feel comfortable doing it...

Edited by esm54687

So, as I said.... this may be an option for some.... obviously valet is never an option for you but no need to belittle those who may feel comfortable doing it...

I'm not belittling anyone. As a Manhattan native and lifelong resident of the NY City metropolitan area, I'm just trying to make sure that someone from out of town who isn't familiar with driving in the city and what it exposes your car to doesn't make the decision to use one of these valet services in a vacuum. On a recent cruise I was talking to someone who told me she had used Valet Anywhere and was not told where her car was going to be parked. There were other reports of cars being parked as far away as the Bronx. Tell me...what are you going to do if you use a service like this, don't know where your car is parked, and come back from your cruise to find the company has disappeared from the face of the earth?

Sometimes a little slap on the cheek is necessary to bring someone to their senses. And, no I did not say anything to the cruiser who told me they didn't know where their car was parked.

People seem to be willing to do all sorts of risky things to save $5. They can do what they want, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to warn the future readers of this board about the risks they're taking.

I still can't understand why anyone would use a service like this. Hand your car over to a stranger in NY City so they can drive it to some unknown location . I wouldn't do it if they were paying me.

This isn't belittling??

Because YOU "can't understand why anyone would use a service like this" minimizes what may be a viable and acceptable solution to someone else....

Only a complete idiot would "Hand your car over to a stranger in NYC so they can drive it to some unknown location".

"I wouldn't do it if they were paying me" because I'm not a moron and I am much smarter than you.

That's not a "slap on the cheek" .... it's embarrassing that someone would try to help others by belittling and talking down to people....

How about something like:

"while these valet services offer a great discount over brick and mortar parking garages, in my opinion the risks outweigh the savings. These valet services do not have a definitive parking location so there's a risk of additional mileage to your car and this added mileage translates into more chances for damage. Also, I would be concerned if the company suddenly went out of business without any idea of where my car is parked. Post cruise, many reviews have indicated a potential wait for their car which may impact your plans getting on the road......... "

Your bedside manner needs some work

I'm not belittling anyone. As a Manhattan native and lifelong resident of the NY City metropolitan area, I'm just trying to make sure that someone from out of town who isn't familiar with driving in the city and what it exposes your car to doesn't make the decision to use one of these valet services in a vacuum. On a recent cruise I was talking to someone who told me she had used Valet Anywhere and was not told where her car was going to be parked. There were other reports of cars being parked as far away as the Bronx. Tell me...what are you going to do if you use a service like this, don't know where your car is parked, and come back from your cruise to find the company has disappeared from the face of the earth?

Sometimes a little slap on the cheek is necessary to bring someone to their senses. And, no I did not say anything to the cruiser who told me they didn't know where their car was parked.

People seem to be willing to do all sorts of risky things to save $5. They can do what they want, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to warn the future readers of this board about the risks they're taking.

I rarely agree with you but on this one you are totally correct

For the record.... I completely agree with NJHorseman's points which is why I personally park at the terminal...... however, the delivery of those points I felt were condescending and belittling

Luxe is a different company. Forbes had a great article on the Valet Parking industry and Valet Anywhere completely left the temporary / daily / weekly valet niche to focus on long term valet that is geared towards residents of the cities they operate in

For the record.... I completely agree with NJHorseman's points

Have to agree with that, parking in Manhattan is like nowhere else in the US. Parking lots are regulated and taxed for a reason.

Also 512 area code is Austin Texas, just pointing that out as that would not sit right with me.

FWIW

Also 512 area code is Austin Texas, just pointing that out as that would not sit right with me.

FWIW

Just curious, why would a definite US Area Code not sit right but an 800/888 number possibly answered off shore sit right?

Many company customer service departments are at call centers that are located based on tax breaks etc.... heck, if I have an issue with my Comcast Cable service, I call the 800 number and I'm talking to someone in the Philippines.

Edited by esm54687

• 4 months later...
With Valet Anywhere ceasing Cruise Valet service... Luxe just introduced their own so I thought I'd pass it along. I use them when I travel into NYC and always had good luck with them: http://subscriptions.luxe.com/nyccruise/

I'm still going to park at the cruise terminal myself for convenience but Luxe may be an option for others

I am looking for parking for my March Breakaway cruise. Last year we used Valet Anywhere, and we loved it! Sad to see that they are not doing it anymore.

Has anyone used LUXE ? I am looking for some reviews. I see that it would save $110 over the terminal parking.

How about Park Rite? Is this one convenient both before and after the cruise?

I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions or reviews! :-)

Thank you!

I am looking for parking for my March Breakaway cruise. Last year we used Valet Anywhere, and we loved it! Sad to see that they are not doing it anymore.

Has anyone used LUXE ? I am looking for some reviews. I see that it would save $110 over the terminal parking.

How about Park Rite? Is this one convenient both before and after the cruise?

I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions or reviews! :-)

Thank you!

I have used Park Right twice and plan on using it again in June. I drop the luggage off at the port, take car to Park Right then walk back to the port. On return we walk to Park Right. It is only about a 5 minute walk.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I have used Park Right twice and plan on using it again in June. I drop the luggage off at the port, take car to Park Right then walk back to the port. On return we walk to Park Right. It is only about a 5 minute walk.

We used Park Rite a few years ago - and it was perfect. It's really just a few blocks from the cruise terminal. My partner dropped me and the luggage off at the pier, dropped the car off, and was back in around 15 minutes.

Coming back, I just waited inside while he got the car.

About 20 minutes later, we were driving home :)

Thank you for the info! One thing that I noticed on Park Right's website, is that if you drop off your car at 9 am on the first day, but then you don't make it back by 9 am the following Sunday, it looks like they will charge you for another full day--even if it we get back at like 9:30 am.

Were you always careful not come back too late ? Or did you ever come back late and did they charge you for an extra day?

Thank you for the info! One thing that I noticed on Park Right's website, is that if you drop off your car at 9 am on the first day, but then you don't make it back by 9 am the following Sunday, it looks like they will charge you for another full day--even if it we get back at like 9:30 am.

Were you always careful not come back too late ? Or did you ever come back late and did they charge you for an extra day?

We always do self walk off on NCL so we were off early so that has never been a problem.