Viking Danube Waltz Vienna Question

Works for travel

As I remember last year, we left Durnstein in the evening (which was good since most stores were closed) and were in Vienna when I woke up in the morning. Dont know what time we arrived but it was not a night time arrival (like in Budapest).

we just got back from this cruise and there is no dramatic entry to Vienna like Budapest..even so it is a beautiful city. Please do you research ahead of time, as The Viking tour was an overview and then we had free time to explore on our own..

we just got back from this cruise and there is no dramatic entry to Vienna like Budapest..even so it is a beautiful city. Please do you research ahead of time, as The Viking tour was an overview and then we had free time to explore on our own..

The reason I asked what time you arrived, is because according to the schedule I will be in Vienna on a Sunday. I would love to go to mass at Hofburgkapelle, the home of the Vienna boys choir. You need to purchase tickets in advance. I am leaning on buying the ticket and taking my chances. Thanks for the tip about the tour. Research or as I call it "homework" is a big part of my enjoyment.

Passau to Budapest. Does anyone know approximately when the ship arrives in Vienna? The night before or in the morning? I know there are many things that can happen to change arrival times but it would be good to know an approximation. Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

Straight from my cruise blog......"The Captain had taken the opportunity to reposition the Embla further up stream in anticipation of our overnight river passage to Vienna and what was to be our first taste of Austria: having crossed the Hungarian border sometime overnight."

8867025668_66f9b32a76.jpg

My wife and I sailed the reverse itinerary on Viking Embla. Here is a link to my full review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/05/28/solent-richard-catches-a-viking-maiden/

Edited by Solent Richard

The reason I asked what time you arrived, is because according to the schedule I will be in Vienna on a Sunday. I would love to go to mass at Hofburgkapelle, the home of the Vienna boys choir. You need to purchase tickets in advance. I am leaning on buying the ticket and taking my chances. Thanks for the tip about the tour. Research or as I call it "homework" is a big part of my enjoyment.

By all means, do what you have to in order to catch the Vienna boys choir.

It's a beautiful, small venue and what we considered a "life experience"!