A bit confused about what I booked.

sndral

First question - Last Friday I placed a 24 hour hold via the computer on the Vision of the Seas opting for category H. When I chose the cabin I noticed I had 2 choices on deck 4 and several on deck 3 - I chose a cabin on deck 4. I researched H cabins on line and they all seemed to be on deck 3. On Saturday I put the deposit down via telephone for the cabin I had on the computer hold. When I looked at my confirmation I noticed that although the cabin number is the same it's now category G. Does anyone know why the H changed to a G?

Second question - the lady on the phone seemed to think it important that I check before my final payment due date about upgrades or something like that. Is this important, are last minute discounts/upgrades somehow available before final payment which are not available after final payment?

Any information is appreciated, I last cruised a long long time ago and have never been with Royal Caribbean.

... Second question - the lady on the phone seemed to think it important that I check before my final payment due date about upgrades or something like that. Is this important, are last minute discounts/upgrades somehow available before final payment which are not available after final payment?...

Yes, if your price goes down anytime before final payment date, Royal will usually grant you the lower price. It's important to check your price online periodically, not just at final payment date, because the price could drop for a while and go back up again. They won't give you the lower price automatically, you have to catch it yourself and then call and request the price adjustment.

First question - Last Friday I placed a 24 hour hold via the computer on the Vision of the Seas opting for category H. When I chose the cabin I noticed I had 2 choices on deck 4 and several on deck 3 - I chose a cabin on deck 4. I researched H cabins on line and they all seemed to be on deck 3. On Saturday I put the deposit down via telephone for the cabin I had on the computer hold. When I looked at my confirmation I noticed that although the cabin number is the same it's now category G. Does anyone know why the H changed to a G?

Second question - the lady on the phone seemed to think it important that I check before my final payment due date about upgrades or something like that. Is this important, are last minute discounts/upgrades somehow available before final payment which are not available after final payment?

Any information is appreciated, I last cruised a long long time ago and have never been with Royal Caribbean.

A G should be better. Mine is on deck 4 in October!

Yes, if your price goes down anytime before final payment date, Royal will usually grant you the lower price. It's important to check your price online periodically, not just at final payment date, because the price could drop for a while and go back up again. They won't give you the lower price automatically, you have to catch it yourself and then call and request the price adjustment.

Just did this today and saved 300$. It pays to check occasionally. Especially those one off 24 or 48 hour sales...

-Sean

You're not confused.

THIS GUY is confused: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2388374

;) :D

You're not confused.

THIS GUY is confused: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2388374

;) :D

I read that thread - I had the option to book a guarenteed cat for a little less, but opted not to. Since the price was the same I'm fine w/ the H/G thing - just found it odd that the computer hold ID'ed it as H4XXX and the actual booking listed it as G4XXX(same room number.)

Thanks all for the suggestion to keep checking for a better deal - I've been so busy looking for a place to stay in Venice post cruise and sorting through excursion choices and wondering if I should get an Internet package, etc. it didn't occurr to me to check the cruise price again to see if it had gone done!

Edited by sndral

You not only should check for price drops before final payment, but you can also changes rooms within your category at any time. So, if another "G" cabin becomes available that looks better (closer to the elevator, on a different floor, whatever) then you can change to that cabin. So, it is important to be concerned or aware of your cabin category, the "G".

As a side note, if you book a guarantee and they assign you a cabin in a certain category, then you should be able to change that to a different cabin within the same category.

And, another side note, there was talk within the last few days that there was another IT glitch and others commented that the cabin categories were inaccurate or changing during the process of making a reservation.