What are the odds

I suppose one of the points I'm trying to make is.

With the new builds and bigger classes coming down here, something has got to give.

We could be in for some great deals.

So where does loyalty lie.

Would a line, cut things so much to the bone, that they turn off a strong, loyal customer base.

There are big runctions,over on the main threads, amongst all lines.

Some not to happy chappies over there.

That is beside the point,im interested in our region.:):)

or actually I am interested in whats happening over there,because in some form or way,for better or worse,it will filter down-under.

Edited by mrs and mrs

With the new builds and bigger classes coming down here, something has got to give.

Would a line, cut things so much to the bone, that they turn off a strong, loyal customer base.

or actually I am interested in whats happening over there,because in some form or way,for better or worse,it will filter down-under.

Just in regards to this, those boards go feral like this every four years and IMO, it has mainly to do with people being frustrated at the election /politics that they cannot talk about so they take out their frustrations on each other over some very trivial matters. It will pass by November.

Just in regards to this, those boards go feral like this every four years and IMO, it has mainly to do with people being frustrated at the election /politics that they cannot talk about so they take out their frustrations on each other over some very trivial matters. It will pass by November.

I haven't noticed much difference from the past two years. They're always feral. :D

That's why I, being all sweet and innocent, stay well away from threads about tipping, dress codes and chair hogs...:confused::p;)

When did you send in your request and how long did they take to reply?

I'm trying to get some shareholders OBC for my next cruise.

1st august Julie so 10 days,i posted on cunard defence thread here in aus/nz forum post 44,what you have to do.If you have trouble finding it let me know.Its 1 page back.Cunard defence obc,post 44.You have to ring up,get the aus email and send to them,not the us.anyways if ya have trouble let me know ill try and find e-mail address.office is a mess ,but should be easy to find,

• 1 month later...
And then in another 5-10 years all the cruise lines will start building smaller cruise ships again to offer passengers more choice of ports, more interesting itineraries, all at an inflated price, naturally. :rolleyes:

Its happening already. Celebrity's new Edge class are between the M class and S Class sips in size. That said RCCL are going even bigger.

• 4 weeks later...
Interestingly Sapphire Princess has booking for 2018 and onwards for Sydney, was Emerald but now changed to Sapphire, although Emerald still has a few slotted in there. So Diamond and Sapphire for Sydney and Golden for Melbourne.

I would really like one of them here full time:) Whichever we get, I think it will be a Grand class to compete with the larger Royal, Carnival and Celebrity ships.

We really need one of them for World Cruises and Pacific Circle, the Golden longer itineraries from here have sold really well, so perhaps they were trialling a larger ship to see if they could fill it.

Emerald is about to debut in Sydney with quite a few cruises slotted in until April. Golden is home to Melbourne all summer. Princess is also sailing out of Brisbane and and Perth. So I'm sure when they retire Sun & Sea, (Dawn is already announced as a new P & O ship), replacement ships will be required.

Also, if Princess were smart they would really corner the market in Southeast and Western Australia as Royal Caribbean stubbornly refuses to place a ship in Melbourne. Their itineraries are therefore most unimaginative and repetitive.

Also, if Princess were smart they would really corner the market in Southeast and Western Australia as Royal Caribbean stubbornly refuses to place a ship in Melbourne. Their itineraries are therefore most unimaginative and repetitive.

Perhaps Port Phillip bay is too tricky for such large ships.

Must apologise to Mrs and Mrs, they did ask for sensible answers, my excuse, on a countdown now to my next cruise and therefore getting a bit giddy :D

I am sure Mrs & Mrs would be one of the first to put in their two cents worth towards the canal.;)