Does anyone else bring their own TP? :-)

Fern Crest

About Wet Wipes...

they claim to be safe for septic systems, plumbing, and all that stuff.

NOT ever safe even for gravity systems (which sometimes have lift stations). The last town I lived in had a newsletter with their water/sewer bills and repeatedly had a big warning to never flush them. They claimed our sewer bills could be a lot lower if they didn't have to keep fixing the treatment plant due to problems "flushable" wipes caused.

Check out: What a bummer!

A few years old but still applies.

Edited by Sequim88

Well, this was a rather enlightening thread! LOL. As usual, Chengekp75 sets the record straight. I've always read hear on CC that using anything but the ship's TP would have disastrous results. I've wondered if it were that serious then why don't the cruise lines make sure passengers know that. I guess now we know. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to pay for TP in foreign countries and they give you two squares. I always carry Kleenex and if I could stay long enough at some of the tourist attractions, I could make enough money selling my Kleenex to pay for another cruise. I put them in a large zip-lock, along with wipes for my hands...but I don't flush the wipes and respect whatever rules they have posted about what to do with the TP.