Does anyone else bring their own TP? :-)

Fern Crest

Why monthly for the crew?

Are they on a low fiber diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's just timed for the monthly cabin inspection. The crew toilets are closer to the engine room (lower in ship), so there is not as much piping between the toilets and the engine room. The scale is actually from urine.

FWIW in many places it's customary not to throw anything except body waste down the toilet. Everything else goes into the trash.

Mexico is one of those places.

I've been to many of those places. I thought it had to do with the old plumbing that they have that won't accept anything but waste. Some of the countries where I had to do it: Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Argentina, China, Greece and different countries in Africa. Of course, it is not everywhere in the countries, but in some places.

I've been to many of those places. I thought it had to do with the old plumbing that they have that won't accept anything but waste. Some of the countries where I had to do it: Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Argentina, China, Greece and different countries in Africa. Of course, it is not everywhere in the countries, but in some places.

That's what they told us in Mexico. At Little French Key in Roatan they said it's because they have very limited water/sewer treatment facilities since they are self sufficient.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Definitely in Greece and in some other continental countries, even in the home, you will find a bin in the cubicle in which to dispose of used TP. When my friend first went to visit his Greek girlfriend's family, he blocked the system by flushing. Usually, in tourist places, you will find posters to remind you of the correct method of disposal.

You can add Ecuador to that list too.

A few years ago we sailed from San Diego but unfortunately 3 containers did not arrive in the port in time. At every port stop going down the coast the crew was sent ashore to buy all the TP that could be found. We had really nice two ply for several days. When the ship finally got resupplied we hid sever rolls of the good stuff in our closet (we were onboard for several more weeks).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should use what's provided on the ship....otherwise, it can cause a back up! Never flush wet-wipes, tampons, diapers, tissues, or anything but the provided paper.

How about reading before you answer?

Do you ever back up your claims with facts?

You can add Thailand and the Canary Islands (Spain).

At least you had paper, what about the places where you're expected to use water and your left hand?:eek:

At least you had paper, what about the places where you're expected to use water and your left hand?:eek:
Gross, most of us ladies on my trips usually brought some TP with us. It didn't sit well with the ladies that tried to charge us for a couple of squares of TP.

Putting the last few things in the bags for tomorrow's sailing (YIPPEE!), and there's always a spot for a roll of fluffy, non-shredding stuff. Was wondering if anyone else is weird like me and doesn't fully appreciate the disappointing, disintegrating paper they put in the bathrooms?

Or maybe it's just me! :D

ONE roll? Is it a very short cruise? :D

How about reading before you answer?

Do you ever back up your claims with facts?

Neither is ever going to happen.;)

Gross, most of us ladies on my trips usually brought some TP with us. It didn't sit well with the ladies that tried to charge us for a couple of squares of TP.

Sooooo, they couldn't spared a square?:D

Definitely in Greece and in some other continental countries, even in the home, you will find a bin in the cubicle in which to dispose of used TP. When my friend first went to visit his Greek girlfriend's family, he blocked the system by flushing. Usually, in tourist places, you will find posters to remind you of the correct method of disposal.

I concur about Greece (we lived there in the late 1990s) and Belgium (at least our house in Waterloo in the mid 1990s :D) can be added to the list.

add india to that list. i couldn't figure out why there was a veggie sprayer similar to what you'd expect as part of your kitchen faucet next to the toilet in my relatively 'upscale' hotel (they did have the smallest rolls of tp ive ever seen too, though)... elsewhere, i noticed pitchers of water... bizarre :eek:

I know she never comes back after she posts, now I know she doesn't read all previous posts either.

I know most of her posts don't pertain to the topic either as titled, or as developed during the thread. I went and looked, and you're right, about 100 posts and not more than one per thread.

Neither is ever going to happen.;)

:D

I know she never comes back after she posts, now I know she doesn't read all previous posts either.

Well then you could learn some facts and who wants that? :rolleyes:

I know most of her posts don't pertain to the topic either as titled, or as developed during the thread. I went and looked, and you're right, about 100 posts and not more than one per thread.

The post count is all that matters! Didn't you know? :eek: :D

Unfortunately other countries do not have our water systems and waste water systems. When in Rome as the saying goes. Take a pack of disposable toilet wipes with you for those countries that do not have good systems. Always dispose of them in the bucket, generally provided and never flush them, the system can't cope.

If you want the same facilities as home better not to travel. You are in their country accept their customs and deal with it as best you can. I still have not mastered squat toilets!

Take lots of hand sanitiser as well. On one of the Pacific islands they knew westerners liked to wash their hands after using toilets. They put a dish of water and a cake of soap out. Imagine what the water in the dish was like after a few hand washes. But they tried.