Teppanyaki guest size issue?

JAMESCC

I have never seen an option for an odd number booking at Teppanyaki (of the vast number of two times I have booked it). I asked about that on a call, and the rep said just book the larger number and then tell them on the ship that you'll only be three. I forgot all about it and instead told them at the restaurant when we arrived. They didn't seem at all bothered by it -- kinda ok, whatever, no problem, didn't charge me for the extra spot I forgot about, and incidentally our table was full, so I assume a "freestyler" got the spot that I had forgotten about.

On our upcoming cruise we are a group of six, and you guessed it -- no option for six. So I booked for eight. I also asked about that on my last call and the rep said, "Book for eight--that's what I'd do". This time I will remember to correct it early. The three of us have the SDP, but even booking a table for eight there was no charge to me.

No, you have 3 so you really need 3, not "really only need 2 and a child". The child will take up space, I assume, unless it's a baby mouse or something you can keep in your pocket and don't intend to have it sit at the table.

He did say his child would be on his lap as his understanding is that there are no highchairs. I do agree this is not a great venue for a child on a lap though.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

He did say his child would be on his lap as his understanding is that there are no highchairs. I do agree this is not a great venue for a child on a lap though.
It wasn't the OP that said his child would be on their lap, another poster suggested it (Jana60: It would just put two and keep my three year old child on my own lap since I don't think they have high chairs at Teppanyaki. If they do have high chairs it still wouldn't use one of the places at the grill.) Edited by NLH Arizona

I see the rudeness prevails on CC. Hasn't checked this thread but I see just what I expected, rudeness. There are some great posts other than the rude ones who just have to fight with someone every step of the way, on every turn.

I see the rudeness prevails on CC. Hasn't checked this thread but I see just what I expected, rudeness. There are some great posts other than the rude ones who just have to fight with someone every step of the way, on every turn.

To try to go back to topic (and it may be too late for your booking), we were told by the phone staff to just make the party size four (we had three) and fix it on the ship.

If you do book for four, you will probably find many more times available. When I tried to book for three, we were given 5:00pm (too late for Mom:)) or 9:30pm (too late for us :)) When I switched to four, we had a multitude of options.

Also, as someone else mentioned, there are only a certain percentage of the seats available online, so you can change later and somebody will absorb the extra seat.

Finally, Teppanyaki has two seatings per evening (I think) because it is a fixed menu that is prepared for all (and a bit of a show), so the time slots are more limited than the other restaurants.

After all this, I hope you enjoy your dinner there! It's always a fun time for us.

Kevin

To try to go back to topic (and it may be too late for your booking), we were told by the phone staff to just make the party size four (we had three) and fix it on the ship.

If you do book for four, you will probably find many more times available. When I tried to book for three, we were given 5:00pm (too late for Mom:)) or 9:30pm (too late for us :)) When I switched to four, we had a multitude of options.

Also, as someone else mentioned, there are only a certain percentage of the seats available online, so you can change later and somebody will absorb the extra seat.

Finally, Teppanyaki has two seatings per evening (I think) because it is a fixed menu that is prepared for all (and a bit of a show), so the time slots are more limited than the other restaurants.

After all this, I hope you enjoy your dinner there! It's always a fun time for us.

Kevin

Thanks, we are booked and I'm kinda liking the idea of Teppanyaki at 9PM. I mean we are on a cruise on a beautiful ship, where else do we have to be.

Just pick up the positive ones and keep on posting. Those rude don't know you anyway.

Enjoy your cruise!

When we were in the NCL Pearl, we had 9 of us but I could only book 4, 3, and 2 on line. As soon as we got on the ship, I talked to the desk that took the dinner reservations and ask if they could make it so that we would be together. They said no problem. Then I mentioned if they could sit 9 of us on one table. Again, no problem. When we got there, they had 9 sits on one table. Wasn't crowded. In other words "no problem". Bottom line, talk to them and they can make the accommodation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums