anthem of the seas-reservations

vaka08

Yes, we have never been on a ship with Dynamic Dining. I am not sure I understand it. The Classic was already gone when we booked. If someone could give us a simple explanation, that would be great!

With Dynamic Dining, you not only pick your dining time each evening, you also pick one of four "free" restaurants. Each restaurant has a different set of menus fro the other restaurants, and the menus change at least once each cruise.

Edited by clarea

Yes, we have never been on a ship with Dynamic Dining. I am not sure I understand it. The Classic was already gone when we booked. If someone could give us a simple explanation, that would be great!

If you prefer Classic, ask to be put on the wait list.

Remember that one restaurant, The Grande, is formal for all but the first and last night, so consider that when you make your reservations.

With Classic, you do not know your restaurant rotation in advance, so you should be prepared to eat in The Grande on your assigned night. IMO it has the best menu, so it is worth dressing a little nicer for. The only real requirement is no shorts, and a jacket for men.

Here's the run down.....Dynamic Dining makes no sense. You must make reservations for each and every day months in advance when the planner opens. The time you want may not be available, don't worry, make reservations for any time you can get. They cater to those with reservations first, We just went an hour early after the first show with no problems.

Have a great cruise, The Anthem is awesome! :)

It is very simple and straightforward. It worked seamlessly for us. You book whatever restaurant you want for each night of the cruise, whatever time you want. There are 4 free and several pay restaurants. They're all worth a try if you have enough nights. If you need to adjust a reservation while onboard, it's very easy using either the Royal IQ app or going to the front desk of the restaurant. We changed ours numerous times and never had an issue. For example we booked the Grande for 2 nights but hated the first night, so chose a different restaurant for the second reservation, changing it to Chops.

What is the earliest (as in how many days before your cruise) were you able to make reservations for...

A. Dynamic Dining

B. Activities

C. Shows

on the anthem

For our cruise on Anthem in a week :eek: First was Flowrider lessons and ship tour and character breakfast, then Ripcord 5 months out, then Puzzle Room 55 days out, then all three shows 44 days out, and finally North Star 20 days out.

Other sailings have had everything opened up more than 90 days out, there's really no rhyme or reason unfortunately. Just keep an eye on your roll call and check your cruise planner every day