9:45am flight coming off Allure...can it be done?

Originally planned on booking an 11am flight. Total for our family of 4: $2,500...

OR by switching our return flight to 9:45am, it drops the flight cost down to $1,000!

So...can it be done? Have you done it? We would be up, self-disembarking, and ready to go.

I know it's controversial but I'm all ears!

For Allure at Port Everglades, yes it can be done. As you know, you'll have lots of people tell you the ship could be delayed and that's true. But that's always the case for any ship, and with Allure's early scheduled docking time, booking a 9:45 flight isn't much different than booking an 11:00 or noon flight for another ship. LOTS of people have reported that they self disembarked and were at the airport by 7:30 or 8:00. At that hour, you should also beat the rush to security, although that's never guaranteed; I've seen security at FLL be non-existent and I've seen it wrapped around the building, regardless of time of day.

I have done three 8:30am flights off the Allure/Oasis. We line up for express debarkation at around 5:45am. The line really starts to grow after 6:00am.

Two times we were at the airport gate by 7:30am. Once, however, once the ship was delayed over 2 hours for a man overboard search (false alarm). We missed our flight but took a later one. Even with the same day change fee, it was still less that had we booked the later flight.

Only you can decide if the risk is worth the savings, you will get a wide variety of opinions here (all valid).

Originally planned on booking an 11am flight. Total for our family of 4: $2,500...

OR by switching our return flight to 9:45am, it drops the flight cost down to $1,000!

So...can it be done? Have you done it? We would be up, self-disembarking, and ready to go.

If you are first in line for self-assist, and there are no delays, you should be at the airport before 7am.

I took a 9:45 the last time off of Oasis without issue ... we lined up about 6 and were off quickly with our bags. As noted above, a man-overboard or medical emergency type of situation on the last night and you will probably miss that flight.

I have twice came off an Allure class with self disembark and had an 11:00 flight at FLL. Both times, I got there in time to get on the 9:00 am flight but they had no empty seats left. This time I am on the 9:45 and not worried. We are the only ship in FLL that day. I usually line up around 6:30.

Last summer I was in the line for self disembark at 0555, the 10th or so person off the ship and in a cab to the airport by 0624. At the airport well before 0645.

I easily made my 0915 flight. It was a gamble that worked that trip, but I knew going in it was a risk. My flight was not nonstop and I ended up getting delayed by thunderstorms in Tampa though and spent most of the day waiting.

NOT worth the stress and worry about catching flight. Cheaper to stay the extra night, and fly out next day at 9:45.. Just my opinion..

NOT worth the stress and worry about catching flight. Cheaper to stay the extra night, and fly out next day at 9:45.. Just my opinion..

This is a much better idea. A hotel will cost you about $250, food maybe anther $150 for the day, so you're still saving $1,100.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a much better idea. A hotel will cost you about $250, food maybe anther $150 for the day, so you're still saving $1,100.

I'm unsure where YOU are staying, but our hotels have NEVER ran us that much, and neither does food, and we have 4 people altogether.. Just saying..

I'm unsure where YOU are staying, but our hotels have NEVER ran us that much, and neither does food, and we have 4 people altogether.. Just saying..

I'm just giving a middle of the road (or conservative I guess) estimate to make the point that even if you're getting a pricey hotel and going out to eat at restaurants for lunch and dinner, they will still save a lot of money. You can also factor in taking cabs or renting a car, or allotting spending money. Whatever the case may be, staying overnight and spending a chunk of money STILL saves them $1,000. Or you could go the super8/McDonalds route and save even more. My point still stands.

Edited by ColoradoGurl