Just a thought on the coupon books

We are Diamond member and in our coupon book we get a free drink in a souvenir glass. On the last cruise it was the last night and we had not used these yet so we decided to use them for some drinks during our farewell show. When the bar server saw the coupons she rolled her eyes and was less then enthusiastic to get these for us. I thought whats the difference to you if I get it for free on not. This troubled me for a while. A couple of days after getting home I was driving home from work wondering why would this bother her so much. She really seamed upset about these coupons. Then it hit me! Because the drinks are free there is no charge on my seapass card. Bar drinks have the gratuity added in automaticly. So I bet she does not get tipped for these drinks. So the coupon books are good the us there are not so good to the staff. I will in the future tip them when I order so they can get the compensation they deserve, and maybe a little better attitude which is good for all us cruisers. Whats your thought on that?

AL

Archived