transportation from FLL to Miami hotel

bethcooks4u

We are flying into FLL the day before our cruise and need transportation to a hotel in Miami. The hotel said it's a $10 cab ride to the port from there so we are good to get to port for our cruise. I see there are several shuttles that can get you to Miami from FLL but are they all reputable and will they drop of at hotel? Go Airport Shuttle was recommended but what about Super shuttle? Or are there other choices?

Anyone know how much uber would run for that trip? I was told a cab would be $75-80 and Hertz said it would be close to $200 to rent a car for the day which I find to be crazy. She can't be right!

With a $10 cab to the port you must be staying downtown - Holiday Inn? Intercontinental? Hyatt?

Uber should be under $50 unless surge pricing is in effect. Shuttles get more expensive the later in the day you arrive when they have less opportunity to fill the van. Around noon or so they can be as cheap as $15 per person.

With a $10 cab to the port you must be staying downtown - Holiday Inn? Intercontinental? Hyatt?

Uber should be under $50 unless surge pricing is in effect. Shuttles get more expensive the later in the day you arrive when they have less opportunity to fill the van. Around noon or so they can be as cheap as $15 per person.

Which shuttle company would you recommend? Our plane gets in just after 12 noon.

Since I sort of remember some of what happened in a wedding I attended several decades ago in WI (do they still make Steven's Point beer?), I will try to help.

If you land on time, by the time you get off the plane and collect bags you are looking at a 1:00 shuttle time. I would focus on QLS and Go Airport or spend an extra $10-15 and just use Uber

Edited by JohninDC

Since I sort of remember some of what happened in a wedding I attended several decades ago in WI (do they still make Steven's Point beer?), I will try to help.

If you land on time, by the time you get off the plane and collect bags you are looking at a 1:00 shuttle time. I would focus on QLS and Go Airport or spend an extra $10-15 and just use Uber

lol Yes I believe they do still make that beer.

What is QLS? But why wouldn't the other shuttles be available?

lol Yes I believe they do still make that beer.

What is QLS? But why wouldn't the other shuttles be available?

QLS = Quality Limo Service They are an often suggested transportation provider between the FLL area and POM

Most of the shuttle companies concentrate on the cruise ship business leaving FLL from late morning to early afternoon (10-2:00) and heading to POM, and those heading from POM to FLL in the morning (8:00-10:00). Outside of those hours they are unlikely to fill the vans and need to charge more per passenger.

We do not get in to FLL until 6pm. the shuttle prices are very expensive at that time. the most reasonable is Go Airport Shuttle- is this a good reputable company?

Go Airport is reliable and they have a desk inside the FLL airport. They offer everything from shared shuttle vans to private town car service (about $90+ tip from FLL to the Doubletree in Miami a couple of years ago).

Taxi from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will run about $75-80+tip. Uber on the same run will be about $40-45

Your other (better?) option is to stay near FLL and take a $15 per person shuttle to POM the next morning. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info

Edited by JohninDC

I'm thinking we might be better off changing our hotel to one near FLL airport with a free shuttle and going back to the airport to have carnival pick us up. One of the services mentioned here said they aren't operating on 12/25 and that made me think we might be better off not even trying that day. Besides the hotel in Fort Lauderdale is $40 less than the one in Miami so that more than makes up the difference in cost of shuttles if we went with one of the cheaper shuttles and we know the cruise shuttle will show up. Plus you gotta tip huge on Christmas Day!

Carnival said they pick up at FLL until noon. We'd have been in trouble if we'd have flown in that day instead of a day early since our flight is not scheduled to be in until 12:05!

Most of the popular shuttles (SAS, QLS, MJS, etc.) list the hotels they will pick up at on their web sites, saving you a trip back to FLL.

Christmas day will be tough, but Go Airport should be operating for sure.

I am checking into this also. Three shuttle companies are Eagle, Super Shuttle & Go Airport Shuttle. There rates vary so it depends on how many you are and how you would like to travel. Another option is to take the Tri-Line train to Miami. If you have a hotel by the Miami airport that offers a shuttle to there the train is a real inexpensive option. Limited trips though.

I am checking into this also. Three shuttle companies are Eagle, Super Shuttle & Go Airport Shuttle. There rates vary so it depends on how many you are and how you would like to travel. Another option is to take the Tri-Line train to Miami. If you have a hotel by the Miami airport that offers a shuttle to there the train is a real inexpensive option. Limited trips though.

But an MIA airport area hotel still means you are a $25-30+tip cab ride from POM. :(

We decided to stay at a Fort Lauderdale hotel close to that airport that provides free shuttle service to/from airport. We will go back to the airport on Monday and catch the Carnival shuttle to the port in Miami. (Hotel is around 1 mile from airport)

Decided on this because the Fort Lauderdale hotel was $40 less than the Miami one would have been and we would have been dependent on shuttles running on Christmas day (one of the shuttles already told us they are not). By doing it this way we are saving at least $20 and much more if we couldn't have gotten one of the cheaper shuttles. Not even mentioning the higher tips we would have paid ON the holiday (yes, we still plan to tip the hotel shuttle driver well).

I do appreciate the information on the other shuttle companies and hopefully it will help someone else. If we weren't traveling on Christmas I know we would have gone with it. We'll give them a try next time when it isn't a holiday.

Edited by bethcooks4u

Would you also recommend the above mentioned car services for transportation from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami airport?

Not all of the shuttles are authorized/licensed to service the MIA airport - Go Airport is one that I know is.

You could take a cab (about $75) or Uber (about $40+) or, if you are not in a hurry ride the Tri-Rail train from FLL to MIA for about $5 each.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Has anyone heard of Larry's limo? They have great reviews!

Often suggested on this board. We used them a couple of years ago and were happy. If you are looking for private transport to/from Miami they would be on the top of my list.

I prebooked with Super Shuttle back in January to get me from FLL to my downtown Miami hotel. I have used them as well in other parts of the country. They were great. They texted me to confirm that I had landed and then they texted me by shuttle number and a link to follow my shuttle on GPS so that I would know when they were close. I only waited about five minutes for my ride to arrive.

I prebooked with Super Shuttle back in January to get me from FLL to my downtown Miami hotel. I have used them as well in other parts of the country. They were great. They texted me to confirm that I had landed and then they texted me by shuttle number and a link to follow my shuttle on GPS so that I would know when they were close. I only waited about five minutes for my ride to arrive.

Care to share how much you paid? :confused: Super shuttle is not often suggested on this board.

The Tri-Rail commuter rail service connects Fort Lauderdale and FLL with Miami International MIA. You can then catch the metro (MetroRail) from the train station at MIA to downtown Miami and the free MetroMover in downtown Miami, depending on where your hotel is located. This would be the least expensive option, but would only work if you are travelling light.

http://MiamiFlorida.ca/transportation/

Stay in FLL - it is much cheaper and much nicer neighborhoods. Then take Jiffy Jeff Transportation to the Port of Miami for $15pp...they are very reliable with great customer service and drivers in beautiful Mercedes Vans. FLL hotels to try are Cambria SUites, Hyatt, Hilton Garden. Call Jeff for quotes if you need - he can help you after the cruise as well/ http://www.gojiffyjeff.com