Cabin 6500 on majesty

We had the odd shaped cabin 6506 that is right beside it. One downside is that it is very noisy the morning at CocoCay when they drop anchor.

I can handle that kind of noise, was it bumpy sailing being at the front,

We had the odd shaped cabin 6506 that is right beside it. One downside is that it is very noisy the morning at CocoCay when they drop anchor.

In my opinion, "very noisy" is putting it kindly. I was shocked at just how much noise came from the mooring deck when I was in that cabin. It was quite the rude awakening.

In my opinion, "very noisy" is putting it kindly. I was shocked at just how much noise came from the mooring deck when I was in that cabin. It was quite the rude awakening.

Was the noise just in the morning when the ship docks?

Daghis, I'm looking at a picture of the front of the outside of majesty, can you tell me if 6500 is the deck that looks covered or is it the one above that?

Was the noise just in the morning when the ship docks?

I guess it would also be very noisy when the ship is weighing anchor and pulling away from port, but as I was elsewhere on the ship at those times, I didn't notice. If one were to go to bed early and the ship were leaving port late at night, that could be an issue.

Daghis, I'm looking at a picture of the front of the outside of majesty, can you tell me if 6500 is the deck that looks covered or is it the one above that?

It's been a while since I sailed on Majesty of the Seas, but from some research I did (and others can correct me if I'm wrong), it looks as though the covered outside promenade deck is deck 7. That's where the outside muster stations are. 6500 would be on the deck below that outside area.

If my thinking is right, then in this picture, 6500 would be the window that I've circled in red, right over the mooring deck.

normal_royal-caribbean-magesty-of-the-seas-exterior-gallery.jpg

Anyone ever stay in this cabin.? Have the chance to upgrade from an inside but have never been in the front. I need to let my TA know by tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

I'm off to look at the placement of that cabin. I just booked somewhere mid ship on deck 6. I had a forward cabin on deck 5 once. It was great except for the horrible noise you hear when the let the lines out at the dock. Had I not been warned I would have thought we hit something.

I just looked at the placement and being warned about the docking lines/anchor noise, I would take that cabin.

Edited by BillOh

I'm off to look at the placement of that cabin. I just booked somewhere mid ship on deck 6. I had a forward cabin on deck 5 once. It was great except for the horrible noise you hear when the let the lines out at the dock. Had I not been warned I would have thought we hit something.

I just looked at the placement and being warned about the docking lines/anchor noise, I would take that cabin.

Well, it's available, lol I decided to stay where were were, deck 7 closer to middle inside. I don't mind the anchor noise I just don't wanna be rocking more then I have to if we get any rough seas from any of those storms, been there done that.

Well, it's available, lol I decided to stay where were were, deck 7 closer to middle inside. I don't mind the anchor noise I just don't wanna be rocking more then I have to if we get any rough seas from any of those storms, been there done that.

We once where in cabin 5000, front most cabin on the Starboard side. If you happen to be in those forward staterooms, you will hear loud noises during docking and departing and really loud noises when the Anchor is dropped or pulled in. Deck 6 is good in one way, the crew enters the bow of the ship through a door right next to cabin 5000.

Although it was loud, we knew what they were doing and it didn't last long. Generally we were out of the room when these events might occur. Only time we got woke up was them coming in early to Coco Cay and getting reading for the anchor drop. That was an unexpected loud noise, but we needed to get up anyway.

As are most all cabins on Majesty, very small as compared to other ships in the fleet.

Edited by troykahack

Anyone ever stay in this cabin.? Have the chance to upgrade from an inside but have never been in the front. I need to let my TA know by tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

I see it's smack up front but it's a window view versus an inside. I've never been in the very front but I would try it given the choice of that or inside.

• 2 years later...