Spa Treatments

We've always avoided the Spa treatments onboard ( despite the hard sell of the staff), however on the upcoming cruise it will be DW's - ahem- birthday and I'd like to get her a Spa treatment as an extra surprise present.

I have no idea as to what these things involve...so, what do you suggest? facial treatment, manicure, pedicure, massage? Looking for something to make her feel pampered.

She's had none of them as 'pamper' treatments. She did had back trouble years ago and had massage for that, and it alleviated the pain but I'm looking at some of the facial treatment ( but want to avoid her saying "oh you think I look old, do you?" )

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot

really it is up to HER and her preferences. might I suggest just getting her a little card telling her to make an appointment once on board. that way she can choose exactly what she wants plus take advantage of the on board deals( typically port days have several specials like 3 20 minute each options for $99 . mini facial, shoulder massage, foot rub, etc.

really it is up to HER and her preferences. might I suggest just getting her a little card telling her to make an appointment once on board. that way she can choose exactly what she wants plus take advantage of the on board deals( typically port days have several specials like 3 20 minute each options for $99 . mini facial, shoulder massage, foot rub, etc.

I agree with this statement. I think just giving her a card and telling her to have any spa treatment she wants is going to be your best bet. She can choose which one she wants, and take advantage of deals that are offered while onboard.