Oasis - neighborhood balcony guarantee - got assignment

Hi,

Just posting for the sake of sharing information on guarantees. We made a reservation for Oct 8 sailing on Oasis from FLL last Friday 8/19.

We booked a neighborhood balcony guarantee today 8/25 (cheaper than the inside rate) . We just got our room assignment today - right at the 1 week mark.

We were assigned room 11255, Central Park view balcony. It seems to be a pretty good assignment to me, unless I'm missing something.

Just curious, has anyone stayed in this room or have any thoughts on it? I think we'll check back for price reductions on outside balconies (who knows?), but are pretty happy considering this is an unplanned "extra" vacation with just hubby and I without kids.

:D

Thanks for the response.

There are no longer any C2's left. Almost all available CP balconies are on Deck 14 (c1), which I don't think I want to make the switch for (unless there is a reason I should reconsider?).

Only other cabins are 12639 and 12637 which are also C1.

I cannot figure out what is the difference between a C1 and C2?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response.

There are no longer any C2's left. Almost all available CP balconies are on Deck 14 (c1), which I don't think I want to make the switch for (unless there is a reason I should reconsider?).

Only other cabins are 12639 and 12637 which are also C1.

I cannot figure out what is the difference between a C1 and C2?

Thanks!

There is no difference, except to you.

Since you booked a guarantee and they assigned you a C2, you either accept your assignment or look for another C2.

You COULD ask to be thrown back into the guarantee pool. Chances are high that you would be given the same cabin again.

:)

There are lots of Boardwalk balcony cabins. Maybe you'll get one of those if you ask to be thrown back into the pool.

As for C1, if they assign you a C1 next time (if you ask to be put back in the pool), and it's on Deck 14, there are a couple on Deck 12.

Of course, they could be gone by then.

It's always a crap shoot when you choose a guarantee category. You have to be willing to accept whatever you get.

They are identical in size. The C1 staterooms will hold more than two people.

According to the deck plans, there are relatively few CP balcony cabins with more than two berths. Most of the C1 cabins are for 2.

Edited by Merion_Mom

According to the deck plans, there are relatively few CP balcony cabins with more than two berths. Most of the C1 cabins are for 2.

I see. Seems like a lot are connecting though.

This is a splurge, last minute for us, vacation that we hadn't planned on, which is why we went with the guarantee. Of course we want to get the best room possible, but we were going to be fine with whatever we got.

It was kind of exciting actually waiting to see what would happen - lol. I was checking every few hours this week looking to find out. Now I guess I can get back to work :-)

Thanks for the input! We'll take pictures and share later!

Shauna

This is a splurge, last minute for us, vacation that we hadn't planned on, which is why we went with the guarantee. Of course we want to get the best room possible, but we were going to be fine with whatever we got.

It was kind of exciting actually waiting to see what would happen - lol. I was checking every few hours this week looking to find out. Now I guess I can get back to work :-)

Thanks for the input! We'll take pictures and share later!

Shauna

I feel the same, it's like a grab bag or christmas morning! I booked this category for my sept 3rd cruise and got assigned Boardwalk Balcony 8707 - a b1, was hoping for b2, but I think the location will be good, even if the view is really not as good as a b2

• 2 weeks later...

We had a CP Balcony on the Allure several years ago, and it was very relaxing. We are sailing Oasis this December and snagged another CP Balcony. I've heard good and bad things about the Boardwalk balcony rooms -- mainly the negative comments are about noise and the merry go round bell. Being on the interior balconies in either neighborhood, you do have to remember to keep your curtains closed.