Staying a week on Kauai, post cruise. Anything we should NOT miss?

rez4jc

We are certified to scuba dive. Any suggestions on which dive shop to use? Any suggestions on what we absolutely MUST do? Is there deep sea fishing? Zipline tours? We are looking for a little adventure!

We were there last month for a week -- Helicopter ride on Air Kauai was FANTASTIC!!! WONDERFUL dinners at Keoki's (near Poipu) and Wahoo Seafood Grill (east coast). Show at Luau was pretty good, but food was only so-so. Every evening at 6 PM at Radisson & a few other hotels are FREE torch lighting ceremonies with hula dancers -- do that and forget paying big bucks for luau!!

You will LOVE Kauai -- where are you staying for week?

Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy in Kapaa. It's a time share that we belong to. We have a one bedroom with a full kitchen and a balcony. There's a few farmer's markets that we are going to check out for fruit & veggies and I am hoping to go fishing too. Any secluded beach suggestions?

The helicopter tour over the Napali coast and Wimea Canyon was fantastic. I'd definitely recommend that. I would've like to do the doors-off type, except my wife is too scared of that.

I am a diver too and got my AOW and Nitrox in Oahu, then DPV in Kona, this Aug.-Sept. Too bad our cruise port stop in Kauai did not allow a lot of time.

From Kauai the (long, whole day) dive trip to the nearby island Niihau is supposed to be really good. But it is only available in summer time. The water in winter is too rough. So if you go in summer time, do consider that. If I can go to Kauai for long enough time (need to save up) in summer, I'd like to do that myself.

Archived