No More Cheers Pkg Or Bottomless Bubbles on remaining Vista Europe Cruises

LaCal

We plan on next month bringing beverages for our cabin, we might not even purchase Cheers. We could book another cruise for that price :eek:, but if we did we would only hopefully incur charges while in Barcelona.

Yes, cheers is expensive and just got more expensive in Europe ...... If it were available to purchase!

According to the announcement made on Friday you won't be able to buy onboard or have your pre-paid cheers honoured once on board. Of course this might change if Carnival finally wake up and understand what the IVA (VAT) tax is about, levels and how it needs to be applied as so far they have made a pigs ear out of each and every cruise to date in Europe which hasn't docked in a non EU port.

I do not blame you in the slightest for bringing on board your own. I am normally a beer / cider drinker, so that would have proved difficult and I did fancy the cocktails. However the frozen cocktails were a complete waste of money and were merely slush puppies with zero alcohol in them.

I haven't a clue what my final bill would have been, but even if it had just been the $912 I paid for both of us I would have still regarded is as a rip off due to that fact.

On my first Silversea cruise I was on my back after 3 cocktails (boy were they strong!) I could have drunk 30 of these slush puppies (if it was possible without turning into a Popsicle) with zero effect.

So we got a tad worried about the lack of cheers package and emailed carnival and got our travel agent to find out all the info they could too.

We got an email response from Carnival saying that the Cheers package is still available on all Med cruises.

Our travel agent also got confirmation via telephone that the cheers package is still available.

So, we have screenshotted (that can't be a word!) the email ready to show those onboard and kick up 'ell if Cheers isn't available!!

So we got a tad worried about the lack of cheers package and emailed carnival and got our travel agent to find out all the info they could too.

We got an email response from Carnival saying that the Cheers package is still available on all Med cruises.

Our travel agent also got confirmation via telephone that the cheers package is still available.

So, we have screenshotted (that can't be a word!) the email ready to show those onboard and kick up 'ell if Cheers isn't available!!

I asked my T.A. to find out what the VAT Tax amounts would be and got a old email back from Carnival. When I forwarded it to the T.A. I told them that most of the info was not relevant or wrong. IE it claimed you could still buy cheers or bubbles on board. Her reply was they had been told you could only buy it on board so was still available. I won't be as we aren't big drinkers, now with the added tax we will be buying even less on ship.

the left hand does not know what the right is doing comes to mind.

if the past few months are anything to go by I am thinking we will never truly know how they are going to stitch us up till we get on board.

Does anyone know if this includes the Transatlantic? Just wondering if there's any point of calling our TA to add the Cheers program We were having trouble with their website so figured it'd just be easier to call our TA). I though it only applied to cruises that only had ports in the EU and we do go to 2 non European ports (Bermuda and New York although I'm not sure New York counts since it's where the cruise ends). However, I'm not sure if Carnival is counting cruises that stop anywhere in Europe in this, even if the cruise also goes to ports outside of Europe/the EU.

VAT does not apply to the Transatlantic. It is not a closed loop EU cruise.

You still can't advance purchase Cheers for the TA. Since there are so many sea days, Carnival could raise the price.

the left hand does not know what the right is doing comes to mind.

if the past few months are anything to go by I am thinking we will never truly know how they are going to stitch us up till we get on board.

Pretty much sums it up nicely.