Oasis - 7 & 8 yr old - what to do on ship in port?

UDcc123

We have a 7 & 8 year old and may elect to stay on the ship for one or two ports. I know we can get off the ship and walk around town, and we may do that. But on the ship, what is there to do on the Oasis to fill the day with the kids? I know pools will take up a couple hours, but what else is open? Rock Climbing? Ice Skating? Scheduled Activities?

Thanks.

Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Zipline, Mini Golf.

I just got off the Allure and none of that was open while the ship was in port, except a tiny tiny bit in the morning (sometimes), and late in the afternoon.

The Adventure Ocean theater did show movies every day at noon, even on port days, and you can always drop them off at Adventure Ocean while you guys go do something on land, but we really just went to the pool. We also stayed on Colorado time, so didn't wake up normally until 9:30 or so ship time. We usually skip one or two ports and either don't get off, or just get off for an hour or so. You can also play board/card games too.

Edited by Michelle H

I just got off the Allure and none of that was open while the ship was in port, except a tiny tiny bit in the morning (sometimes), and late in the afternoon....

That's odd, it was all open for us. Mini golf is open 24 hours.

That's odd, it was all open for us. Mini golf is open 24 hours.

Sorry, you're right, I missed the "mini golf" in the original. During the main crux of the day while the ship was in port, the Flowrider and zip line were closed, so was rock climbing. They even had the water in the H2O zone turned off since we were at the pool and asked about that.

Also the question was about a 7/8 year old. You need to be 52" to do the Flowrider and around 74/75 pounds to do the zip line. My son is 7 1/2 and was JUST shy of 52 (like 1/8 of an inch) and didn't have enough weight for the zip line, so even if they happen to be open part of that day, the kids might not be able to do it anyways.

Edited by Michelle H

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm whether or not H20 zone is open on port days? I think it's mentioned above that the water was turned off for a time while in port. Is the lazy river whirlpool or whatever it's called open?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can someone confirm whether or not H20 zone is open on port days? I think it's mentioned above that the water was turned off for a time while in port. Is the lazy river whirlpool or whatever it's called open?

I was just on Oasis and the H20 zone was open while in port except for the last day when it was closed for cleaning (it was actually closed the entire last port day and the final day at sea on the way back to Florida).

The donut shaped current pool thing was open all day even while in port and even while the rest of the H20 Zone was closed for cleaning.

Rock climbing, zip line, and Flowrider tended to open around 3:00 PM on port days even if we were in port until 7:00.

Minigolf and ping pong tables are always open.

I was just on Oasis and the H20 zone was open while in port except for the last day when it was closed for cleaning (it was actually closed the entire last port day and the final day at sea on the way back to Florida).

The donut shaped current pool thing was open all day even while in port and even while the rest of the H20 Zone was closed for cleaning.

Rock climbing, zip line, and Flowrider tended to open around 3:00 PM on port days even if we were in port until 7:00.

Minigolf and ping pong tables are always open.

Okay. Thanks. Just trying to figure out what is available for us to do with our 5 year old if we don't get off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums