Good Miami area restaurant on the water a la Fishlips in Port Canaveral.

KittyCatRya

Hi, y'all! We are looking for a good restaurant in the Miami on the water kind of like Fishlips in Port Canaveral; or anywhere close to the water. Any suggestions? I've looked on Google Maps and cant seem to find too much. We're open to most any kind of food.

Thanks!

Thanks all.

Every time I've Googled, the results turned out restaurants that were either closed or $20+ starting prices.... a lil rich for our blood if there are no drinks involved :) LOL

Fishlips is in the $12-$18 range for burger entree and it is not fancy, but is awesome.... we are not fancy people....

I think Miami has a different feel then Cape Canaveral :)

Edited by KittyCatRya

Montys of South Beach

Montys_poolView.jpg

http://montyssobe.com/

it is just a lil inland from Smith & W .... in the marina ..... been my go-to place for cruise ship watching for many many years. BUT BE WARNED .... prices are still more than FishLips cuz it IS Miami Beach ..... AND on a nice Friday, Saturday or Sunday afternoon it will probably be PACKED with parking issues on top of that ...

I parked my cutter just across the channel for a number of years .... fav early dinner was a bowl of conch chowder and some conch fritters with a stone crab claw or 4 and a lil chilled white wine.

(lived in Miami for a number of years and now live near port Canaveral ... I know both Monty's and FishLips (altho in PC Grills is better IMO))

Edited by Capt_BJ

Miami is an expensive town. Think NYC prices, Manhattan in particular.

I agree, Montys for happy hour is going to be the most reasonable choice.

There are plenty of great restaurants on the water in Miami but not with a view of the port.

I love Smith & Wollensky but it is pricey.

The Hard Rock has great views of the water.

Thanks everyone. I grew up north of NYC but live in Northern Colorado now.....

I appreciate the suggestions.

Someone said that Versailles Cuban Restaurant is a good one to check out... Inland I know, but we're also looking for local foods.

:)

Ver' is the place all the tourists and a certain group of locals go to for Cuban ...

but finding good Cuban in Miami is NOT hard and Ver' is not the best Cuban food I've eaten (wife's office was walking distance for a while ... we'd walk over routinely for lunch) ..... do you want a Cuban food recommendation?

Check the locations of La Carreta .... this is one of the places locals go.

http://lacarreta.com/locations/

OR ask the folks at the front desk where the best nearby Cuban food is ... where THEY eat ..... the best places are ones you probably would not walk in to ....

Don't forget Brickell!

We actually ate at the Pembroke Pines location on Thursday on our way to the Miami Dolphins game!

The Pembroke Pines and Ocean Drive locations have live Afro-Cuban (think Buena Vista Social Club) on Thursday through Saturday starting at 10PM.