Another goofy question ...

toxicfairy

Ok I know no one has a definite answer but there are enough "experts" on here that I feel like some one can give me a pretty good guess. Has any one had experience with this? We are booked on Liberty of the Seas for next August 27th. I have us booked in a hump balcony cabin (which I am fine with) however DH loves to cruise in suites and I wouldn't mind the double points since we are getting close to Diamond. What do you think (this is where I am sure some of you have a lot of more knowledge/ experience) the chances of the suites going down closer to sailing is? I would love to surprise my DH with a suite but as of now the prices are still going up. The cruise is just under a year away so still PLENTY of time. And if it does not go down we will still enjoy our cruise.

I'm no expert but booked a couple of suites.

Prices are very volatile except when the deployment is announced and then again near sail time has been my experience. This is booking from UK.

In between I have noticed our suite changing by + or - 25%

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Very hard to predict and there is no set pattern as pricing is driven by supply and demand on any given ship and itinerary. We've experienced pricing on any given stateroom category going up or down as the final payment date approached. All you can do is check the pricing periodically and see what takes place with the category you are interested in.

I agree that it's unpredictable. In the vast majority of the cruises we are interested in (both booked and considering), the suites seem to keep going up in price. However, we lucked out with a 7-day cruise on Explorer where they had a sale where the JS staterooms were $999, which is excellent for a 7-day cruise. So, you just never know.

Keep watching this flyer as you get within about 2 months of the cruise:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

We've never had the price of a booked cruise drop....ever! If a suite does become available at a price you can live with...book it! Suites are great...but not if they break the bank!

Wow, that's a shame - and a bit hard to believe! We've had a number of reductions over the years as well as category change price drops that made it worth while to move. Our most recent was our Navigator cruise this December which just had a significant drop about two weeks ago in our current category.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We've never had the price of a booked cruise drop....ever! If a suite does become available at a price you can live with...book it! Suites are great...but not if they break the bank!

Hard to get a price drop if you don't check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Hard to say. On our Anthem cruise in Oct, the price of balcony rooms went way down, the JS rooms went down a little bit, but not as much. I think the price drops are really dependant on when you booked - were the prices high at the time and how popular the sailing.

It seems to me the fall (Sept, Oct) and spring (May) sailings seem to go down a bit more than anything in the summer or around the holidays. With late Aug it would be hard to say because some people like to go then for their last hurrah for summer with their families OR go because their kids are back in school and they want to celebrate