Prinsendam Main Deck

Daisymabel

DH & I are looking at an OV on the Prinsendam, mid ship main deck. I've read on another website that this is a noisy deck and least favoured. Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't know what's in the central section of the main deck as there's no description on the deck plans. Halfacts has no information. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Study the deck plans carefully. If the stateroom you are considering is beneath the Ocean Bar or one of the Dining Rooms, there might be a noise issue. There is an outside deck above Main Deck that many people use for walking exercise and where deck chairs are located. Hearing footsteps above and/or the scraping sound of deck chairs being moved ought to be expected.

Edited by rkacruiser

Thanks for your response. It's C671 ...... Underneath the small Dining Room and the deck. Do you know what is in the central area of the ship on Deck 6? Maybe crew quarters? It's just a blank space on the deck plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure about that cabin number? Should be a 300 series number.

The white space on lower promenade deck by the small dining area is the galley. Lots of pots, pans and cooking going on there. The small dining area is mostly carpet but they probably have some tiled areas where the waiters have the service area.

We spent 68 days in cabin 331 on Main Deck in March of 2013 & there was no noise at all..

We particularly liked that cabin as it was very close to the elevators.. I wear hearing aids but DH is very aware of any noise, & he enjoyed that cabin too..The Lower promenade was directly above us & we still found that it was a very quiet cabin..

There is no 671 but if you are looking at 371 that too should be a quiet area even though the lower prom is directly above you..The small Dining room is actually only partially above you..

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks for your response. It's C671 ...... Underneath the small Dining Room and the deck. Do you know what is in the central area of the ship on Deck 6? Maybe crew quarters? It's just a blank space on the deck plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think there are any 6xx cabins on Prinsendam. Main deck cabins are 3xx - if you are in 371, you will be below the small forward dining room - which should be fairly quiet. On the other side of your corridor will be crew access space - again no reason for it to be noisy.

You should love Prinsendam - ideal size and the ship many who work for HAL hope to get assigned to - really HAL's premium ship.

We spent 68 days in cabin 331 on Main Deck in March of 2013 & there was no noise at all..

We particularly liked that cabin as it was very close to the elevators.. I wear hearing aids but DH is very aware of any noise, & he enjoyed that cabin too..The Lower promenade was directly above us & we still found that it was a very quiet cabin..

There is no 671 but if you are looking at 371 that too should be a quiet area even though the lower prom is directly above you..The small Dining room is actually only partially above you..

Forgot to add that we were on the South America/Antarctic cruise & due to the weather being colder there were very few people sitting on Lower Prom..For a warm weather cruise you may find it noisier..