Balcony questions for suites on Riviera

Jacqueline

I have not been able to find the details on this.. Are there loungers? Chairs with ottomans?

I don't need a super large balcony, but would love one that is covered and precludes me from having to engage in the pool chair wars on sea days around the pool.

I purposely book as few sea days as possible as one strategy (for the Carribean).

Thanks so much !

I have not been able to find the details on this.. Are there loungers? Chairs with ottomans?

I don't need a super large balcony, but would love one that is covered and precludes me from having to engage in the pool chair wars on sea days around the pool.

I purposely book as few sea days as possible as one strategy (for the Carribean).

Thanks so much !

The Verandas, Concierge Verandas and Penthouse Suite rooms all have chairs with cushions - no ottomans. They are all covered. There are a few rooms at either end of the floors with different-shaped verandas that may have a different arrangement and could possible have a lounger. Owner's Suites, Vista Suites and Oceania Suites have both chairs (no ottomans) and loungers, though the Oceania Suite is a little crowded because the space is smaller than the other suites. Others may know more about the rooms on the ends of each floor.

Thanks so much !

The average veranda of a Riviera Cabin is too small to accommodate a Chaise Longue.

161051.jpg

The photo above is a typical cabin Veranda, the one below shows a standard sized Penthouse Veranda.

150019.jpg

That said, the shape of the hull of Marina and Riviera created a number of differently shaped cabin verandas at the front and back of Deck 7 which are larger (deeper by about 6 feet from the outer cabin door to the railing) than what is standard. This often surprises people, yet it it patently obvious from the Deck Pans. Those cabins which show a deeper varanda, HAVE deeper verandas.

b_151539.jpg

The Cognoscenti have taken to calling these "extended verandas" and although attached to standard cabins, those ARE large enough for multiple Chaise Longue, and are offered at the same price point as other cabins in those categories.

b_084509.jpg Hope that this helped, Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much !

Writing right now from the internet room (with the unreliable & slow wifi, which has not been upgraded yet) on the Riviera:

Can't answer you about balcony in suite as we booked a verandah stateroom and not a suite, but I trust that it will be unlikely that you will have too much trouble finding free pool chairs on your cruise. There seems to be quite a number of free ones around, at least on this present cruise. Of course, if you wish to have privacy, that is a different matter.

On a recent non-Oceania cruise, one leg was bandaged up from toes to knees in a specialized type of bandage, with instructions to keep it elevated. Our balcony cabin chairs did not have a stool, and the small table was too high.

When we boarded, we showed the note from the doctor to our steward, and he came up with a "stool"; one of those white plastic shower stools! * Not elegant, but the leg height was adjustable and with the addition of a folded towel for padding, it was perfect! :D

If you need (or want) a leg/foot rest for your balcony, you might ask if one of these is available. We brought it inside at nightfall, so it did not blow away or incur anymore salty air than was necessary.

* Dealing with the challenge of keeping the leg dry in the shower was another whole matter! :eek:

It seems like OP would like shade rather than full sun.Two weeks ago on a hot med cruise,there were certainly not enough shaded loungers,chairs,around the pool or above.We were grateful for our overhang on the balcony next to the bridge.Having said that, we never saw 'reserved'loungers except the first day.

The extended balconies (We were invited to see one) were lovely,they had chairs and loungers,but the people we met who had one,said they are lovely for sunbathing but you have to walk to the end of the balcony to see front and back,so be dressed,as cabins above can see you...😱

We had chairs with cushions on our penthouse balcony and they were the most comfortable we have had at sea to date...