Corfu HOHO Bus

leongcpa

Assuming no mobility limitations, then IMO no need for the HOHO. The town center is about a 15-20 min walk from the cruise terminal, or a 5 min shuttle ride if you prefer. Once in town center, everything is walking distance, and very closely packed together. Given your limited time in this port, I would just walk or shuttle to town center, and then walk around on your own. It's a very cool port!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took the HoHo bus around the town and then stopped in the old town and walked around and got the HoHo bus back to the port. We love the HoHo bus as it shows you all the main attractions in each town. It was only 15E each so a reasonable price to pay for a city tour and a lot of fun if it is a nice day and you sit on top!

• 4 weeks later...

I am researching my own trip stop in Corfu (on the last trip we rented a car and drove to the West coast). It seems there are two reasons to take the HOHO

(1) To avoid the walk from the port or paying for ship-run shuttle buses.

(2) To see a bit more of the island, such as

http://www.greekguide.com/en/corfu/pontikonisi-and-panagia-ton-vlachernon/e/360139462519

Blogger "Yellow Fish" just did the Corfu HOHO yesterday.

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2016/11/day-23-corfu-greece.html

• 2 weeks later...

We wound up using the public bus system which is super cheap.

http://www.astikoktelkerkyras.gr/indexeg.php

I think it was 5 euros for an all day pass. Took Bus No. 15 from Port to the Old Town. Walked to San Rocco Square. Took Bus No. 2A from San Rocco Square to Kanoni and saw Mouse Island. Then took the same bus back to the Old Fortress, and explored the Old Town at our leisure. Easy and super cheap.

Edited by leongcpa

• 7 months later...
We wound up using the public bus system which is super cheap.

http://www.astikoktelkerkyras.gr/indexeg.php

I think it was 5 euros for an all day pass. Took Bus No. 15 from Port to the Old Town. Walked to San Rocco Square. Took Bus No. 2A from San Rocco Square to Kanoni and saw Mouse Island. Then took the same bus back to the Old Fortress, and explored the Old Town at our leisure. Easy and super cheap.

How long were you at the port in Corfu? I think we'll go this route, but want to make sure we have enough time. We're only in port for 5 hours.

We are in port from 8:00 until 4:00. We do want to get to the church on the island. What's the best way to get there?

If you are talking about Saint Spyridon Church, it's right in the center of Old Town.

IMO (others may differ), and assuming no mobility limitations, best way is walk from the ship.

If you are talking about Saint Spyridon Church, it's right in the center of Old Town.

IMO (others may differ), and assuming no mobility limitations, best way is walk from the ship.

The one I was referring to is the Monastery and not a church. Is there a bus that goes to Mouse Island.

The one I was referring to is the Monastery and not a church. Is there a bus that goes to Mouse Island.

Yes. 5 euros for an all day pass. Took Bus No. 15 from Port to the Old Town. Walked to San Rocco Square. Took Bus No. 2A from San Rocco Square to Kanoni and saw Mouse Island. Then took the same bus back to the Old Fortress, and explored the Old Town at our leisure. Easy and super cheap.

The walk to San Rocco Square and identifying where the No. 2A bus stop was probably the hardest part. Once you get to San Rocco Square, keep an eye out for the No. 2A bus. Alternatively, you could catch it outside the Old Fortress, as there is a stop there.

How long were you at the port in Corfu? I think we'll go this route, but want to make sure we have enough time. We're only in port for 5 hours.

We were in port for 5.5 hours. It's enough time to go to Mouse Island, and walk around the Old Town. We skipped the Old Fortress (which we could have done), as we preferred to spend more time doing souvenir shopping in the Old Town.

Yes. 5 euros for an all day pass. Took Bus No. 15 from Port to the Old Town. Walked to San Rocco Square. Took Bus No. 2A from San Rocco Square to Kanoni and saw Mouse Island. Then took the same bus back to the Old Fortress, and explored the Old Town at our leisure. Easy and super cheap.

The walk to San Rocco Square and identifying where the No. 2A bus stop was probably the hardest part. Once you get to San Rocco Square, keep an eye out for the No. 2A bus. Alternatively, you could catch it outside the Old Fortress, as there is a stop there.

Thank you! We were thinking about Korfu taxi service but decided against it. There are 2 other ships in port, one arriving at noon so we want to do old town first and then hit the other places in the afternoon.

Do we catch the #15 bus back to port?

Thank you! We were thinking about Korfu taxi service but decided against it. There are 2 other ships in port, one arriving at noon so we want to do old town first and then hit the other places in the afternoon.

Do we catch the #15 bus back to port?

Yes. We did; there was a long line of folks waiting to get back to the ship, when we were there. I would advise going to Mouse Island first and then explore the Old Town after. Allow a little extra time to get back to the ship, because it was a bit chaotic getting through the metal detectors back at the port. You have to pass through metal detectors at the Port's building before they allow you to board the ship.

Yes. We did; there was a long line of folks waiting to get back to the ship, when we were there. I would advise going to Mouse Island first and then explore the Old Town after. Allow a little extra time to get back to the ship, because it was a bit chaotic getting through the metal detectors back at the port. You have to pass through metal detectors at the Port's building before they allow you to board the ship.

Thanks for the heads up. We've never had metal detectors at the port before that I can remember.

How many ships were in port? I suppose if worse comes to worse, we could take a taxi back to port. We were planning on going back so we would be on the ship by 3:30. I'd better plan more time in case people from the MSC ship heading back when we do.

Thanks for the heads up. We've never had metal detectors at the port before that I can remember.

How many ships were in port? I suppose if worse comes to worse, we could take a taxi back to port. We were planning on going back so we would be on the ship by 3:30. I'd better plan more time in case people from the MSC ship heading back when we do.

I vaguely recall there being one other ship... can't remember.