New RCI drink packages

RCI updated their drink packages yesterday, effective 6 September 2016.

Much simpler, just three packages.

Info below from Royal Caribbean blog in US dollars and the per drink price limit is higher on cruises departing from Australia:

Deluxe Beverage Package ($55 a day excluding gratuity): Unlimited cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100. This package includes drinks with a value of up to $12. For guests that would like to enjoy a beverage over that threshold, a $12 credit will be applied towards the beverage of choice and guests will be required to pay the balance.

Refreshment Package ($26 a day excluding gratuity): Enjoy our entire selection of premium coffees and teas, bottled water, fresh-squeezed juices, nonalcoholic cocktails, plus fountain soda and free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup.

Classic Soda Package ($8.50 a day excluding gratuity): Quench your thirst for just a few dollars a day with unlimited fountain soda refills and receive a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup.

Edited by LuckiePuris

For guests who have already purchased:

Ultimate package - name change over to deluxe package.

Premium package - free upgrade to deluxe package.

Select package - will be honoured until depletion.

Royal replenish - name change over to refreshment package.

Refreshment package - name change to soda package.

They are available to be purchased online and onboard from 6 September 2016.

Just checked my cruise control and Deluxe is $69.05 per day same price as Premium was 20% off, bet those who paid $76.90 (20% off) for Ultimate aren't too happy. Got those old prices off my cruise control when I read they were changing 2 days ago. The non alcoholic one is a killer gone from approx $29 to $43 per day!!! I think they want people to drink alcohol!!!!!

a little annoyed that there is no mention of the coffee card on the Australian packages

There are no offer cards - apparently they are only on offer on selected RCI ships that have an actual Starbucks onboard. Most other ships serve Starbucks coffee in a coffee shop venue.

However two of the packages do include coffee for you.

Just checked my cruise control and Deluxe is $69.05 per day same price as Premium was 20% off, bet those who paid $76.90 (20% off) for Ultimate aren't too happy. Got those old prices off my cruise control when I read they were changing 2 days ago. The non alcoholic one is a killer gone from approx $29 to $43 per day!!! I think they want people to drink alcohol!!!!!

I think the only happy people were those who had already bought the Premium package, although if you had bought the Ultimate, you could cancel and then rebook for some savings.

I think the only happy people were those who had already bought the Premium package, although if you had bought the Ultimate, you could cancel and then rebook for some savings.

The cruise planner is saying cancelling drink packages is only available within 48 hours of purchase.

On the NZ site the cost for the deluxe is around $72 NZD which is a hell of a lot more than $55 USD. On today's exchange rate it should cost approx $60 NZD. Is there anyway we can pay in USD?

Sent from my SM-N910U using Forums mobile app

Might pay to check again...there has been a big movement today,

Both Au and NZ are down...the greenback has strengthened

A quick look on Oanda has

$55 US at $75.2 NZ and $73 Au

On the NZ site the cost for the deluxe is around $72 NZD which is a hell of a lot more than $55 USD. On today's exchange rate it should cost approx $60 NZD. Is there anyway we can pay in USD?

Actually the reverse. $72NZ is less than $55US (those were the days!).

That said, the US price is more than that, as that price does not include the compulsory gratuities. The US price for that package is actually ~$65US. Which in NZ is closer to $92.

The $69.05 does include grats. It is my understanding that if you find the package is not of great value you can cancel on board. I don't normally drink that much however it is really great to just be able to order whatever you want and if you don't like it then just leave it and order something else (I have, in the past, ordered a cocktail, not really liked it but drank it anyway because I had paid for it, ha ha)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The $69.05 does include grats. It is my understanding that if you find the package is not of great value you can cancel on board. I don't normally drink that much however it is really great to just be able to order whatever you want and if you don't like it then just leave it and order something else (I have, in the past, ordered a cocktail, not really liked it but drank it anyway because I had paid for it, ha ha)

and then you will get conspiracy theorists who tell you that the ship will cut off your alcohol intake cos if you have drunk the amount you have charged to your card then you MUST be way drunk

oh wait ..... maybe that explains all them nights I cant remember with friends I'll never forget *wink*

I find the drink's packages very expensive and would not buy one again. When I had bought one, I found myself chasing the tab so to speak. However, when they are built in as a perk, I just drink what I feel like and do not care if I haven't had anywhere near the daily $ amounts.

Today, we cancelled our Ultimate packages (bought at $72 per day which I was quite happy with at the time) and have now rebooked the new Deluxe at just under $67 per day. Saved a tidy $100 for our upcoming cruise.

Hi how long ago did you book the ultimate lackage? I thought you had to cancel in 48hrs?

How do i cancel mine do i just click cancel on booking oage and they refund back, then i just rebook it again?

Lol help please

Hi how long ago did you book the ultimate lackage? I thought you had to cancel in 48hrs?

How do i cancel mine do i just click cancel on booking oage and they refund back, then i just rebook it again?

Lol help please

Yep thats all you do take a couple of weeks to be credited for you first purchase