Evaluation email after cruise: crew shout-outs?

fann1sh

We also mention by name any crew member who has provided good service. The only problem I find is that the surveys are time sensitive after the cruise. I've found that on a B2B by the time we get home the first survey is already expired. I have mentioned this to HAL on their survey. I agree that it's important to take the time & do this. Some people like to complain, then you should also be able to say something nice. There is that old saying, " if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything."

Allan

That has happened to us as well on back-to-back cruises (not collectors cruises).

I carry a ‘Mini Composition Book’, cloth bound and found in Dollar Stores, which measures only 3.25 x 4.5 inches, 50 pages, and is only 3/8 inch thick, fitting easily in all pockets. When meeting new personal I have them print their full name and the name they wish to be addressed by. Then when filling out Let Us Know cards and the email survey I know that correct spelling will ensure the exact crew member is appropriately credited.

This booklet, which I carry the entire cruise, is also handy for recording wine notes, tips from crew and passengers, scheduled activities, and shore discoveries for future cruises. Keeping a paper clip on the back cover ensures safekeeping for receipts, etc. received.

Also on longer cruises I tip regularly so here I also keep a tally of gratuities for each employee as my memory could possibly trick me causing a favorite employee to miss out.

Thanks all CC members for your tips…my time to share.

Great idea..A small note book for notes is exactly what I need, as sometimes struggle to get spellings correct & also is great to note the little extras, such as tips, wines etc..

Headed out to my dollar store..:D

thanks..

We always send in the online surveys post-cruise and comment cards during the cruise. I make note of crew members' names so I can get their names and spellings correctly.

There was one time though when it took twice for the comment card to reach the correct department head. :( I don't know if it was the fault of the front desk or the department, but when I asked if it had been received it hadn't the first time I sent it in. So now I will check every time.

For those of us who take multiple successive cruises, and miss the opportunity to complete an end of cruise survey while we continue on the ship, it would be nice if HAL had an area in the website that allowed us to reach the survey.

That way we could do it without the Internet charge that connecting through our e-mail requires. The surveys take a lot of time, and that would get terribly expensive. I want to do the survey, and I don't mind taking cruise time to do it, but I am not willing to pay ship Internet prices for the privilege.

Of course, all that is predicated on the idea that HAL has a functioning, user-friendly website in the first place.

Also always use the Between Us cards to mention exemplary service and know these are read and circulated as have had the employee and their manager thank me. One of the crew was so proud as he had a card was posted in the crew quarters (it was not mine). I tend to take longer cruises so have more opportunity to get to know the crew. Also add as many of the crew as possible to the survey, including the lower level crew like the cleaners, Lido stewards, etc. These do have an effect as ran into a cleaner from a previous cruise and she was so proud as she was promoted right after that cruise.

Ruth: try asking on the 2nd cruise if you can use one of the ship accounts to complete the survey or maybe have them print one off and do it on paper., then send it to Seattle May work, may not.

Edited by take us away

Ruth: try asking on the 2nd cruise if you can use one of the ship accounts to complete the survey or maybe have them print one off and do it on paper., then send it to Seattle May work, may not.

Good ideas that I may try some time.

What I have been doing is adding comments about prior legs of my cruise(s) when I did the final survey. I note exactly which leg I'm talking about, so Seattle can figure it out easily.