Opinion on transfer from FLL to MIA cruise port and back

2009cruise

Hi,

Husband and I are flying into FLL in January to catch Celebrity cruise in MIA port (we got good deal on flights).

Now we have to find good transport company to take us from FLL hotel to MIA port and after cruise back to FLL. We fly out same day and need to be at FLL by 10am at latest.

I have narrowed it down to 3 shared shuttle services:

1. MJS

2. SAS Transport Service

3. QLS Transportation

They all seem similar in prices.

Do you have one you recommend - I really need company that is reliable and responsive to emails/calls etc in case of issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Yikes! You want to be back at FLL from POM at 10:00??? What time is your flight?:eek:

I wouldn't use a shared shuttle for that trip. Too much chance of delays while you wait for others ( not in a hurry) to meet the shuttle.

Again...what time is your flight?????

Agree...please explain your flight schedule. If you have a 10am international flight, you are in serious trouble. Remember there will be thousands of pax arriving at FLL from the Ft Lauderdale port as well. If you have a noon, or later flight, you are fine.

The are dozens of discussions on the various vendors here. Just a little reading will give a lot of info.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Yikes! You want to be back at FLL from POM at 10:00??? What time is your flight?:eek:

I wouldn't use a shared shuttle for that trip. Too much chance of delays while you wait for others ( not in a hurry) to meet the shuttle.

Again...what time is your flight?????

Hi,

My flight is at 12:30pm on Air Transat to Toronto.

I figured I have to be at the airport by 10am to checkin.

Do you still think we need to do private shuttle back to FLL?

We always walk our bags off the ship - how long would Miami customs take?

Appreciate your advice.

If it is just two travelling you can use Uber to get back to FLL for about $40 -- only about $10 more than you'd pay for a shared shuttle. As long as you are loaded into the car and rolling out of POM before 9:00 you should be at FLL by 10 or before.

I agree. I wouldn't use a shared shuttle. Then you are depending on the company AND strangers.

Should be easy to be off the ship by 9.

Check to make sure the shuttle you choose on arrival makes drop offs at your particular hotel. You can always cab or uber to port in morning.

Edited by eandj

• 3 months later...

If you do self embarkation and get off the ship by 8am, grab a taxi or a shuttle (QLS just emailed us back with their shuttle times from POM to FLL ~ we are doing the same thing as you) and they leave at 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12pm. Grabbing the 8am shuttle or the 9am shuttle you will be fine as they said it would take approx. 1 hour. Pre book it though. Its $13 pp.