Driving up Pic Paradis?

katjoeus

The road up is fine and not hard to drive. The issue with Pic Paradis has been safety - in the past there were lots of reports of thieves operating up there - especially with car breakins. I have not heard of problems recently. We have driven up there in the last couple years - just the two of us - and the views are good. We make extra certain to leave nothing in the car - you should do the same - do not leave ANYTHING in your car if you rent and go up there. Maybe some other regulars can chime in if they have thoughts on the current situation there.

We wouldn't do it.

We used to, but stopped several years ago.

I haven't read any reports of crime in the local papers lately, but TripAdvisor has a recent report (see below).

The last time we ventured up there, the narrow road was horrible after passing Loterie Farm. Huge potholes and rocks to avoid.

Dips in the road were often flooded.

From sister website TripAdvisor:

“Robbed!”

1 of 5 starsReviewed May 31, 2016

I take it it's hit and miss but beware they are hiding in the bushes or somewhere. We drove to the very top and there was one other car. We locked the car and stupidly left some cash and a back pack in the car because we were just going down the trail a ways, take some pictures and go back. We were gone maybe 15 minutes and that was all they needed to wipe us out. They were nice enough to lock the doors back up so nobody stole the gas pedal, steering wheel, etc. I actually think they call from the bottom of the road to their guys at the top to get ready. Go but don't leave ANYTHING in the car!

Visited March 2016

gary

I asked my Island-Friend Joyce Hanley-Prince about Pic Paradis, and she says that she just doesn't go there anymore. She has a tour business and used to offer rental cars, but no longer.

She replied:

I took a couple right to the top and we just went around the corner to take pictures and in just a few minutes my stuff was stolen from my car.

When we used to rent cars, one of our customer was also robbed.

Just yesterday, my customer asked me to go but i told them the road is very narrow and i am not comfortable driving there.

They did not want to hike, they just wanted the view from the top.

i really can not say what condition the road is in. The beginning is paved from Loterie Farm entrance to as far as i can see but not sure about the rest of the way looks like

gary