Norwegian Dawn New England Dailies 08/09/16

BirdTravels

Thanks for posting these!

I did notice that some evening shows say "one showing only". Is this normal now on NCL in general or the Dawn specifically?

I would think it would make the shows more crowded and harder to schedule around dinner.

Thanks!

Brad

Hi there . thanks so much for taking the time! We are sailing this itinerary on the Gem in a few weeks. I had been wondering about dress codes, and see from the dailies that there were no suggested dress codes not even a formal night. We sailed on the Jade in 2013 but in Europe (where I would expect it to be dressier) Should we even bring a jacket for my DH and dresses for me? Getting dressed up is a treat and I'd hate to think everyone is going to be super casual on this cruise... What was your experience?

thanks!

Edited by NorthernHiro

Norwegian Dawn New England 9/9/16 metrics

Total Passengers: 1644

Non-US Passengers: 637

Passengers Under 21: 16

Average Age: 65.4

Older crowd. Better dressed than Caribbean passengers. No coat required unless you feel you need one. Lots of polo shirts at dinner. Some suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing to note is that there are a lot of single showings (early show different from the late show).

We talked to illusionist David Davinci (and his cute 3 year old daughter). He is working on a new water torture illusion. Maybe you'll get to see it on your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing to note is that there are a lot of single showings (early show different from the late show).

Any idea why this is? I have never seen this before.

Is this standard on the Dawn or unique to this itinerary?

Thanks!

Brad

Any idea why this is? I have never seen this before.

Is this standard on the Dawn or unique to this itinerary?

Thanks!

Brad

This is a "fall foliage" cruise. They do two round trips from Boston to Quebec over 14 days each year. So, it is a somewhat unique itinerary.

Fun fact: there are 1644 passengers on this 7 day cruise from Boston to Quebec. Nearly 600 are doing the 14 day B2B.

On my last cruise in 2012 the shows were more like Vegas where the early show is family friendly and the late show is more adult oriented but it was the same basic act - so to me this is indeed something new. One would have to compare the dailies from other ships to see if it is Dawn only, or something that is being tried fleet wide.

I hope our cruise next week is as empty as yours :D BTW we will be one of many doing a B2B.