fAsHIon aNd MOviES

crucero-amante

Hello ladies,

Some of you know that I am stuck in bed due to my foot surgery; I've been watching movies. I love watching the classics on Turner. I just got done watching "Rear Window". I absolutely loved all the outfits that Grace Kelly wore. My favorite of the movie is when she is wearing a black fitted off the shoulder top with a full white organza skirt with a simple black design coming down from the waist. Absolutely beautiful!

What are some of your favorite movies for great fashion?

Just let us know what movie, what star and what you like about the fashions.

I'll add more of my favorites later.

.j.

How to Marry a Millionaire starring Lauren Bacall, Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable. Their evening clothes were absolutely beautiful.

Any movie that Edith Head designed for.

An Affair to Remember with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant. Her clothes on the ship were beautiful.

Jezabel, starring Bette Davis. Her antebellum clothes, especially the white lace gown, were amazing.

I never miss an old Doris Day movie. Most of the classic clothes that she wore could be worn today. I also love those full skirted dresses with the nipped in waist from the fifties, they were so flattering and loads more romantic than the current favorite, designer jeans...at least in my humble opinion.

Oh my, I don't remember too many movies, for some reason I put them out of my mind.

I know there was a sweater that Sandra Bullok wore in a movie that I liked, I used to watch Knotts Landing and Dynasty and Dallas for the clothes, lol, I do like those classic outfits too, from the old time tv shows.

And of course Sex and the City, although I preferred Charlotte's clothing as opposed to Carry (Sarah Jessica). I felt sometimes Sarah Jessica's was way out there, one time she woure this outfit, it looked like a pinnafore and the pink thing that looked like a tutu, Kristen Davis to me had the best wardrobe. Genna Davis looks really good now in that show Commander and Cheif. the TV show Las Vegas they have nice clothes the women, of course I no longer have the body or the age to wear 99% of what they wear but I like the stuff.

I think Kathy Hilton had nice clothes when she did her "reality thing.

I do love the ball gowns from the old time southern movies.

I've been watching those old Alfred Hitchcock movies all week! Loved when the women always wore dresses and the men suits and hats.

Not sure how I would have fit in since mostly I'm in jeans, but it sure it sure looked good on them.

I loved Kelly McGillis in Top Gun. Her go-to-hell leather bomber, aviators, and levis just ruled and still look good twenty years later.

Okay, I'll be the first to say it, Audry Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany. When I married my husband in 1999, that is what I wore minus the cigarette holder plus real tiara.

Loved the furs of the 1950s and 1960s and Edith Head is an idol of mine.

Loved the clothes in Madonna and Guy Ritchie's huge remake flop. Fabulous clothes.

LOL, Blue Herons - You must be referring to Ally Sheedy, Mare Winningham, and Judd Nelson. When I think of St. Elmo's I think of Demi Moore looking flashier in every scene! And Rob Lowe's eclectic look.

I do believe that is when I fell in "love" with Andrew McCarthy.

I'm all about Grace Kelley too. To Catch a Theif both gowns she wears are fabulous, but my favourite outfit is the the black and white one she wears over her swim suit with the great black hat (I always wonder why can't I pull that off)

Also the Aviator has the great glamour thirties vibe (sigh) If only I could travel back in time just to wear the clothes

Ok, a couple more for me, the movie about the roaring 20's, I loved those clothes from that era. I loved the clothes in breakfast at tiffanys and what about some of the fashions in the eliza doolittle and of course that russian movie the one with Omar Shariff, I love that russian stuff with the fur muffs and hats. Oh my y'all go me thinking now.

Archived