IC Tahiti or Manava : Help/advice/Opinion

barbeaujo

The ones I have eaten in (a long time ago!) in England, Holland, France, Italy, etc. all had Big Macs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Fries too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as we're off topic ...

We all know that foreign currency exchange rates are subject to manipulation by various governments. The Economist magazine tried to calculate a true exchange rate by comparing the price of Big Macs in various countries. I read the magazine regularly and haven't seen a reference to it recently: I don't know if they still use it.

As long as we're off topic ...

We all know that foreign currency exchange rates are subject to manipulation by various governments. The Economist magazine tried to calculate a true exchange rate by comparing the price of Big Macs in various countries. I read the magazine regularly and haven't seen a reference to it recently: I don't know if they still use it.

Interesting.

There actually are three McDonald's on Tahiti. One over by the Radisson which is now a pearl, one downtown, and one a half mile south of the Moana Nui shopping center which is about a half mile from the Intercontinental Hotel.

The Manava Resort on Moorea (old Pearl and before that the Bali Hai) can have murky water.

The Legends Resort is close to the Intercontinental Hotel, Les Tipaniers for eats as well as within walking distance to Le Petite Village which has cafés, gas, shopping and bank.

The ferries always run on time as already mentioned.

LesTipaniers is one of our favorite places to hang out and eat and drink a beer, beautiful views.

When you reserve a car make sure you disclose that you will be taking it over to Moorea. Sam rental companies do not like the cars going over on the ferry.

• 3 months later...

We have IC pre-cruise, sounds like renting a car during one of the two days of the port call in Moorea would be great (so many ideas of things to do there on our own from this board)....is it possible to get a car from the cruise port? Looks like AVIS is available from airport or ferry terminal, where is that in relation to PG pulls in for the port call?

We have IC pre-cruise, sounds like renting a car during one of the two days of the port call in Moorea would be great (so many ideas of things to do there on our own from this board)....is it possible to get a car from the cruise port? Looks like AVIS is available from airport or ferry terminal, where is that in relation to PG pulls in for the port call?

The avis location closest to oponohu bay would be an 11 minutes drive ( close to restaurant Le Mayflower ) . I am pretty sure if you call them directly, not the 1-800 from Avis, they could come pick you up. They are very nice and flexible . I have dealt with them via email and they reply very quickly .

Hope this help,

Josee.

Here is a potential problem. The ship does not always moor in p, sometimes the ship moors in Cooks Bay.

There are 2 choices ....

1. Make a reservation with Avis and have them PU up at the tender location. THe best way to do this is contact Sandrine at Avis Pacificar: sandrine@avispacificar.pf

When you do it through Sandrine it doesn't matter which mooring location is used, their shuttle will PU up.

2. The other way is to wait until you know which mooring location the PG will use. Have the desk contact the closest car rental and have them PU up at a predetermined time. FYI, Alberts has an office 3/4 mile from the Cooks Bay mooring location. Avis and Alberts have a location within 10 minutes of the Oponohu Bay. The least preferred method is to have Avis to PU up in their shuttle to drive you all the way over to the ferry location, that is a real pain.

In general Alberts has a better price, Avis has nicer cars.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thanks for the quick response Barbeaujo and Tahitianbigkahuna! Sent an email to Sandrine. Tahitianbigkahuna, on another post from 2013 you had a link to best things to do in Moorea, but I could not get it to work, do you have an updated advice list?

Thanks for the quick response Barbeaujo and Tahitianbigkahuna! Sent an email to Sandrine. Tahitianbigkahuna, on another post from 2013 you had a link to best things to do in Moorea, but I could not get it to work, do you have an updated advice list?

I'm in the process of updating the information. The current one I have is to large to upload to the file on CruiseCritic.

This is something I'll be working on over the weekend, then I'll be able to upload on CruiseCritic and the information will be current.

We are staying at IC two nights precruise, read somewhere that there was a shuttle or bus you could take to "town" where the food trucks are. Do you have any details on how we can do the food trucks from IC?

Very simple ...

You go out front of the IC, walk across the street and you will see a bus pickup location. During the week/daytime the bus picks up every 20 minutes, in the evening and weekends figure 30 minutes. $2 bucks each and tell the driver you want off at the Roulottes. Ask the driver where you need to stand for the PU to return back to the IC. Make sure you get on the correct bus on the way back, it should say something like Faaa. Will drop you off right in front of the IC. You may want to purchase a bit of local currency, you can do that at the front desk of the IC, they give an honest exchange. Figure $3500 CFP - $4000 CFP per person for dinner, desert and the bus ride. Just convert about $100 USD to CFP, you will have plenty of money for two of you, probably more than you need.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna