Oasis of the Seas 9/3/16 Trip Report

aubreyc1988

I enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing it! We stayed on St. Maarten/St. Martin for a week last year for spring break and loved it. One if the highlights for us was the day we spent on Pinel Island. Were you concerned with getting a cab back to port? How did that actually play out? Were cabs waiting or did you (or so someone else) have to call one?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your input. loved this review. We are on the Dec. 11th cruise from Port Canaveral.

Awesome, thanks for reading! I hope you leave a review, it's been many years since i have sailed from port Canaveral and wonder how the Oasis will do there :)

I enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing it! We stayed on St. Maarten/St. Martin for a week last year for spring break and loved it. One if the highlights for us was the day we spent on Pinel Island. Were you concerned with getting a cab back to port? How did that actually play out? Were cabs waiting or did you (or so someone else) have to call one?

So, we kinda winged it and found a cab driver to take just us to Pinel and told the cab driver what time we wanted to be picked up and he was there, BUT his van wouldn't start up and he called another cab for us. There was another couple we shared the cab back to the ship, so I was thinking it was going to be cheaper than getting to Pinel, since we were the only people in the cab going there. It was like 1.00 per person cheaper with more people, just an FYI, so don't feel pressured to wait around for people to share a cab with, it wasn't that much cheaper.

I wasn't concerned getting back to the ship. We left Pinel around 2pm, could have stayed longer. The ferry back is about 10-15 min MAX, and the ride back to the cruise port is about 20-25 min MAX. So we were back on oasis around 3 or 3:30.

Pinel was beautiful! It was a great day, considering we had our excursion cancelled, but I think we will not wing it next time and just always make sure we have an official excursion planned, I missed the aspect of doing something with a group of people

you guys will have a blast on Oasis! 527 days is such a long time but it will be here before you know it!

It is such a long time especially since we are used to cruising once a year but we are saving up to try the Star class suite. Aqutheater 2 bedroom suite.

I see that you have done both ships and I am trying to decide between the two for a family vacation. I have been on the allure and loved it but the oasis is a better commute for everyone. Did you find them equivalent in most ways. Thanks

I see that you have done both ships and I am trying to decide between the two for a family vacation. I have been on the allure and loved it but the oasis is a better commute for everyone. Did you find them equivalent in most ways. Thanks

I did the allure when they had Chicago playing. We liked Chicago more than cats and think that the aqua show is a bit better on Allure, but other than that everything is equal pretty much! Most of the shows are fabulous, even cats was good acting, just didn't like the plot. I would do the one that's a better commute/price if you haven't done either ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ships themselves are an identical layout.

Oasis has Solarium Bistro in the Solarium (used to be $20, but reports say it is now complementary). Allure has Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse w/ a $25 upcharge).

Oasis has Cats (which gets mixed reviews and is 2.5+ hours long), Come Fly With Me, Frozen in Time (Ice show), and Oasis of Dreams (in the AquaTheater).

Allure has Mama Mia (not an ABBA fan, so I didn't see), Blue Planet (good show), Ice Games (Ice show), and OceanAria (in the Aquatheater, very cool).

Also it has been reported that Oasis is testing new menus for the fleet.

There may be a couple of other differences I'm forgetting, but these are the main ones.

Thank you for your review. Next week I will finally be on the Oasis for the first time, and your review has helped fuel my excitement!

I just want to say that I really enjoyed your excellent review! Very good photo's and I liked the way you organized it by category, it was so informative. Your review stoked up our excitement plus answered many questions for us too. My DH and I, as well as my brother & his wife will be cruising on Oasis in December for the first time, excited to check her out! Thanks so much!:)

Tennis court/ basketball court, haha I am not into sports but definitely was one of the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball (I play a little), sometimes tennis, sometimes soccer/futbol, volleyball... I spent my first week on Oasis overlooking the court (loft suite on deck 17/18) and there was a lot going on. Even some tournaments I believe.