Transfer arrangements in Barbados

rojojacko

We are travelling transatlantic on Poesia, ending our voyage in Barbados in December, with a flight back to the UK departing at 17.10. The whole package is booked through MSC direct and includes transfers. What is likely to happen in Barbados? Will we be sent to the airport at about 9am and have to kick our heels or will they let us stay on board until about 2pm then transfer us? We are black card holders and our friends are gold, will that have any influence on the arrangements?

Can anyone help with their experiences. Many thanks.

Rob

We are travelling transatlantic on Poesia, ending our voyage in Barbados in December, with a flight back to the UK departing at 17.10. The whole package is booked through MSC direct and includes transfers. What is likely to happen in Barbados? Will we be sent to the airport at about 9am and have to kick our heels or will they let us stay on board until about 2pm then transfer us? We are black card holders and our friends are gold, will that have any influence on the arrangements?

Can anyone help with their experiences. Many thanks.

Rob

Yes, they will sent you to airport early. I would recommend to book MSC excursion with airport drop off or cancel your transfer with MSC and try to find some local excursion to kill time.

We are also on the same voyage, but haven't booked a transfer in Barbados yet, just in Genoa from the BA flight.

Generally, we have found that more excursions are offered on board and transfers as well, depending on the times of your flights. We are also on the BA flight back to Gatwick.

Paying the balance today !

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Mandy.:)

I'm tempted to book a hotel room for the day, not too far from the airport, and just leave luggage there instead so we can go out for the day and get a shower before the flights home. I was hoping for one at the airport but there don't seem to be any, as we could then use the transfer to the airport first thing and go over to a hotel to drop luggage. Will keep looking!

• 3 months later...

Hi Folks

Just wondering how you got on with departing the ship and getting your flight.

We are faced with the same problem in a couple of weeks.

Cruise flights and transfers are arranged by MSC. Did they let you stay a while on the ship? what time did you have to leave.

Edited by Aulanis

• 2 weeks later...

I will be having the same issue myself in a couple of weeks.

I'm hoping i can go to the Boatyard for the day. Its a great beach with food, drink, entertainment going on. But it's what to do with the cases?

Any advice from your past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

It worked extremely well. We were able to stay on board and use all of the facilities, drinks package and cabin, etc until we met in the theatre at 2pm. We were then bussed straight to the airport where our hold luggage, which had to be placed outside our cabins the night before, was waiting for us to collect. We checked in and joined the flight as expected. Only hiccup was that we were all unaware of the arrangements until the day before disembarkation. The same arrangements were in place for those disembarking in Martinique and Guadeloupe to fly back to Europe. Thumbs up to MSC!

@Rojojacko

Thanks - that is great news, as you say its a pity they dont say sooner.

I know it might change for our cruise but its good to have something to aim for. I will ask customer services after the first week and see if they can

confirm.

Edited by Aulanis