Single grade KB and KC - Queen Mary 2

showingdiva

Can anyone confirm which of the single grade cabins have the double circular windows. Cunard customer services "weren't sure".

Photos seem to suggest KB are wider than longer and have double windows, and KC are longer and less wide, with one window - however, the Cunard deck plans seem to suggest the reverse.

Help!

Can anyone confirm which of the single grade cabins have the double circular windows. Cunard customer services "weren't sure".

Photos seem to suggest KB are wider than longer and have double windows, and KC are longer and less wide, with one window - however, the Cunard deck plans seem to suggest the reverse.

Help!

Yes, you are right it is the other way round. It is the KC cabins on Deck 3 (where the photo gallery used to be) that have the two large circular windows.

I was almost in one for the 11 October TA but had to cancel!!

Yes, you are right it is the other way round. It is the KC cabins on Deck 3 (where the photo gallery used to be) that have the two large circular windows.

I was almost in one for the 11 October TA but had to cancel!!

Thank you for confirming.

It was a bit worrying that Cunard customer services didn't seem to know, especially after all the "re-mastering" hype

I'm confused again. On checking Bon Voyage, they have the cabins round the other way .. KB on Deck 3 & 3L and KC on Deck 2 & 2L

Yes, confusing. I thought perhaps they had re-categorised these cabins, but I went through a dummy booking for October 2017 and the KC cabins were still those on Deck 3/3L.

To clarify, if you want a single cabin with two large round windows then you need to be in one of 3002, 3004, 3006, 3008, 3010, 3012 - however they categorise them.

Thanks for this.

I would really like one of the double window ones. I've held off pre-registering until I could be sure which was which, as the way things are with Bon Voyage at the moment, anyone booking one of the Deck 3 & 3L cabins would be paying in excess if these are indeed KC cabins, not KB.

Hi,

I am booked on the QM2's sailing that departs on September 27, 2016. I was upgraded to one of the new single staterooms on Deck 2. According to my research, this should have a single window but a high ceiling. The new single staterooms on Deck 3 have the double round windows (with the desk between the windows) but a lower ceiling.

I will report on my single stateroom on Deck 2 after I return.

Chuck