Coral Vs Radiance

bates227

My girlfriend and I traveled the Radiance of the Seas last year, and are trying to figure out the differences if any b/w these two ships (CORAL). We loved the Decor of the Radiance, as well as the food, and staff. I have traveled RCCL many times as well as Carnival, NCL, and etc.. But never Princess. I am in my mid 30's but do not necessarily need alot of entertainment to make me happy.

I would like a heads up on the CORAL PRINCESS if possible.

Thanks,

We have sailed Coral and Radiance, Brilliance and Serenade. We just finished a cruise on Brilliance (Radiance class) and six days prior to that cruise we were on Coral. My preference for the ship is definitely Radiance class. The dining rooms on Radiance class ships are spectacular. Radiance has a nine story Atrium, Coral only four. I much prefer the Schooner Bar to the Wheelhouse Bar.

As far as food, it's purely personal, but the food in the dining room on Brilliance was much better than Coral. We rated Coral's food "fair", Brilliance "excellent". The Horizon Court Food on Coral, I thought was a little better than Brilliance, but the layout of the Windjammer is far superior to that of the Horizon Court. We have however booked another cruise on Island Princess, Coral's sister ship. As the earlier poster said, it's pretty hard not to like Coral. They are all magnificent.

I've sailed both and personally, I like the Radiance better because of the ship itself, the happy, up-beat crew and the atmosphere. There's more variety in the food and there are more places to eat at on the Radiance, yet the dining room food is superior on the Coral.

The Coral is my next favorite ship. Many of it's public areas reminded me of the Radiance - not quite as nice and beautiful - but close. The Coral is a bit quieter, the kids aren't as under control as the Radiance, but it's a close second.

The Coral and the Radiance are more alike than different... though given the choice, will choose Princess for the overall experience. I have spent almost a month on the Coral and would recommend her to just about anyone.

I guess every cruise is a little different.

We found the food much better on the Coral Princess (compared to Radiance) in the dining room and in the buffet. The food in the buffet on the Radiance was always the wrong temp (hot was never hot and cold was warm). We had the worst group of kids on RCCL (IMO) and RCCL was reluctant to control them. I called 4x one night to report a problem in our area (and all the neighbors called) and then after the 4th call - they finally put a security person up in the area. The other times they just said "kids will be kids". I thought I would like RCCL (and my previous cruise was good on RCCL) but after that experience, I haven't returned to RCCL.

The decor is pretty similiar, each ship has a solarium type area, the layout is pretty similiar, service is subjective and depends on who you are in contact with. Generally, I have had better service on Princess but our wait staff and room stewards on RCCL have been good.

I've sailed the Island, sister ship to the Coral, and the Radiance.

I like the outdoor seating around the Windjammer better on Radiance - the al fresco dining options near the Horizon Court aren't as nice. I like the buffet layout better on Radiance, but I vastly prefer Island's "late night bistro" to the Seaview Cafe on Radiance. The food in the buffets is about the same, but the late-night dining on Island was excellent. The dining room on Radiance is more architecturally impressive, but not as quiet as on Island.

I think the Radiance cabins have a generally more pleasing decor (I like the wood) and I like the sitting areas in the Outsides on the Radiance with the loveseat and cocktail table.

The steam and sauna on the Radiance is much nicer than the Island - I think the solarium pools are about parity. The gym is MUCH nicer on Radiance

The Radiance atrium is more spectacular, and I think there's more private "nooks" on the Radiance. The Island's alternate show lounge is better than the use of the Colony Club on the Radiance, but the Radiance has a nicer theatre.

It's kind of a tossup - the biggest difference to me is that on Radiance, there's never a sensation that you're not aboard a ship; Island's design gives me a few of those moments from time to time.

Eric

Archived