Current 30% off Voom sale/Crown and Anchor discount....question

ariawoman

So I read on the Royal Caribbean blog that if you pre-purchase internet access - you will still get your C&A discount when on board, in the form of OBC.

Can anyone who has pre-purchased and already sailed confirm if this is true or not? It would certainly be nice if it is true :-)

Thanks!

So I read on the Royal Caribbean blog that if you pre-purchase internet access - you will still get your C&A discount when on board, in the form of OBC.

Can anyone who has pre-purchased and already sailed confirm if this is true or not? It would certainly be nice if it is true :-)

Thanks!

I've not seen any reports than mention getting the C&A discount on pre-purchased internet.

Thanks!

On Allure with pre-purchased wifi only, no streaming, and no discount for D+. Current price for one device is $12.99 per day if bought on board.

I was told on Harmony that I couldn't combine the discount because the online discount of 30% was so much of a discount that it was not combinable. They also said I could still claim my 1 free day for the full package which was largely pointless since I had the whole week package already but maybe i could have used an extra device for a day to use it but it didn't really seem worth the bother.

I've not seen any reports than mention getting the C&A discount on pre-purchased internet.

This is what I saw on the royal caribbean blog:

"Should I buy an internet package before or during my cruise? If you are a Crown and Anchor Society member, you are likely eligible for discounts on the internet packages, but your exact discount will depend on how you purchase the package.

If you purchase an internet package online, Royal Caribbean will have to pay full price for the internet package but will receive your Crown & Anchor Society discount in the form of onboard credit."

Again not sure the validity.

Edited by ariawoman

I was told on Harmony that I couldn't combine the discount because the online discount of 30% was so much of a discount that it was not combinable. They also said I could still claim my 1 free day for the full package which was largely pointless since I had the whole week package already but maybe i could have used an extra device for a day to use it but it didn't really seem worth the bother.

Had you pre-purchased it - or was it available to you on board at the 30% off (but not combinable with C&A)

This is what I saw on the royal caribbean blog:

"Should I buy an internet package before or during my cruise? If you are a Crown and Anchor Society member, you are likely eligible for discounts on the internet packages, but your exact discount will depend on how you purchase the package.

If you purchase an internet package online, Royal Caribbean will have to pay full price for the internet package but will receive your Crown & Anchor Society discount in the form of onboard credit."

Again not sure the validity.

Not true. not not not not

Buy now. :)

P.S. You DO know that there is nothing *official* about that website? It's just a guy who writes a blog.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Had you pre-purchased it - or was it available to you on board at the 30% off (but not combinable with C&A)

I pre-purchased it for 30% off. I can't remember the onboard price because i didnt pay attention to it as i had my package and found out no c&a discount/refund. For the record im D hence being told i could get a free 1 day package for another device.

I had seen that blog post but there was nothing confirming before so I figured the discounted price was good and while the D benefit on top would have been great it wasn't the end of the world when I found out they couldn't be combined

Thanks!

When I called to confirm this with the C&A people, they told me NO! You can pre order it OR use C&A discount on board. They will not credit you back anything..

I am diamond so will get 1 day free. Would it be better to wait and use my Diamond benefit on board to pay for the week, or purchase with the 30% off. With the 30% off the week would be $63.63.

Pat

Your D discount is a flat $20-$30, so you should be able to figure out which is best.

I am diamond so will get 1 day free. Would it be better to wait and use my Diamond benefit on board to pay for the week, or purchase with the 30% off. With the 30% off the week would be $63.63.

Unless you are solo, you get two days - one each. If you carefully use both of those, you are better off buying on board. Using your first coupon, buy 24 hrs the morning of the second day - you'll likely have signal till dinner on the first day. Then on day 3, buy the package for the rest of the cruise for 31.96 ($12.99x4-20). So, are willing to do the above for a $31+ savings?

Unless you are solo, you get two days - one each. If you carefully use both of those, you are better off buying on board. Using your first coupon, buy 24 hrs the morning of the second day - you'll likely have signal till dinner on the first day. Then on day 3, buy the package for the rest of the cruise for 31.96 ($12.99x4-20). So, are willing to do the above for a $31+ savings?

Thanks! I am sharing room with a friend who is also diamond. Thanks for helping me understand this.

Pat