Alternate Restaurant Reservations on Voyager

adelle

When and how can one make reservations for Signatures and Latitudes on Voyager. Can you make advance reservations or does one have to wait until after boarding? Is there a set time and place where reservations are taken?

Thanks, Adelle

Just as soon as you get on board you should make your reservations.

I don't think you can do it ahead of time.

Should be someone standing Signatures & Latitudes taking reservations.

We went before going to our cabin last time.

No advance booking, so go asap after you embark the ship; if you go to the Compass Rose, they are usually taking reservations for all venues at the same place. Spa times also tend to book quickly if the cruise is port intensive for the times outside the excursions.

When we were on the Voyager in early September, we found that they no longer took reservations at Latitudes. It is treated just like Compass Rose (i.e., open-seating, first-come, first-served). Kind of startled us. They've done away with the kitchen show which was the driver for the former single seating. The kitchen remains open to the restaurant so you can see some of the action. We actually came to like the new arrangement since we could check out the menu for the Compass Rose and the spontaneously decide to go to Latitudes instead.

Mariner (in May, at least) still has Latitudes as reservation only.

We used to rush to get reservations for Signatures and Latitudes, as well as Portofino on Navigator, but we don't any more. By the second night we are always able to get reservations day of by being somewhat flexible on times. We only do cruises that are at least 20 days though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were on a Voyager btb and made initial reservations in the PM of the first day out. At each of the restaurants, when we complimented the Maitre d' as we left, we asked if we may make reservations for the following week, In each case it was, as with everything else on the ship, no problem. Reservations were made with a big "thankyou" for the compliments.

By the way, the compliments were well earned!

Reservations for each restaurant were taken at the entrance to each dining room. Latitudes was absolutely fabulous and not to be missed. Although Signatures was good, it was in no way as good as Latitudes in my opinion.

I was surprised with the dinner I had in the La Varanda.......very nice indeed.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Tom

Just a warning about Latitudes...it's family style. They will being a little of everything on the menu to the table, and exactly one small serving of each. It was a little awkward for me, being at a table of 6 (didn't know any of them) and I don't eat meat. This usually isn't an issue for me in an restaurant where you order an entree of your choice. If you have any dietary restrictions, you might feel uncomfortable. The food was good, but left me very unsatisfied in the way it was served.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that our cruise on the Voyager was the best as far as ship is concerned. We have been on 15 cruises and the Voyager is my favorite ship. I also liked the Navigator and Diamond and Residensea's the World, but Voyager is the best because of the restaurants and cbins - although Navigator rooms run a close second.

We had no problem with reservations for 8 adults at either Signatures or Latitudes. Both restaurants were wonderful. I am a big fan of Asian food , so Latitudes was a favorite of mine. The family style was fine since we were a family of eight adults and two children. Signatures was excellent and Compass Rose was the best main dining room we have encountered. I did not eat dinner at the casual restaurant, but some of the other couples did and enjoyed the experience. I was not surprised since I found the restaurant to be by far the best casual restaurant for breakfast and lunch on any ship I have sailed.

Yummy Yummy. Can't wait to book another Voyager cruise. All the staff were so wonderful with our family and treated the 5 year old like a prince and the 3 year old like a princess. We all had such a wonderful Thanksgiving experience.

Adelle

Archived