Oosterdam - Med Cruise Questions ?

taxmantoo

Recently returned from 12-day Med Cruise on the Oosterdam - Barcelona to Rome.

Will not do a complete review but quite willing to answer any questions on entertainment, accommodations (newly remodeled Neptune Suite), ports or other. Ask away.

Hi Taxmantoo,

Hope you had a great time on your cruise! I am just about to pack for ours as we leave tomorrow, but had a few questions for you.

I see you were in a Neptune Suite (as are we) and wondering if there were two female or male Concierge in the Neptune Lounge (I bring little gifts so would like to know)?

How was the entertainment? Was there music in the Ocean Bar before dinner? How was BB King and the Duelling Pianos?

Was Happy Hour at the Crows Nest still at 4pm or did they make it later on the Med cruise?

Did you enjoy the food?

Anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated. We have been on the ship before so we are familiar with everything.

Thanks so much!

Off to pack!:eek:

Canuck

Hi Taxmantoo,

Hope you had a great time on your cruise! I am just about to pack for ours as we leave tomorrow, but had a few questions for you.

I see you were in a Neptune Suite (as are we) and wondering if there were two female or male Concierge in the Neptune Lounge (I bring little gifts so would like to know)? Cathy and Rico were the concierges.

How was the entertainment? Main Stage was nothing special ... Was there music in the Ocean Bar before dinner? Solo Piano Player most of the nights several times a night How was BB King and the Duelling Pianos? BB King was the best we have seen since they were introduced on HAL - Duelling Pianos not as good as Piano Bar ... very little requests taken ... basically scripted 45 minutes twice a night ending around 11 pm

Was Happy Hour at the Crows Nest still at 4pm or did they make it later on the Med cruise? Most nights ... 4 to 5 in Crow's Nest ... 4 to 5 in Ocean Bar ... 10 to 11 in Gallery Bar and sometimes at Billboard.

Did you enjoy the food? We find the food on HAL keeps improving all the time. We did not have a bad meal in MDR and wonderful meals in Pinnacle.

Anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated. We have been on the ship before so we are familiar with everything.

Thanks so much!

Off to pack!:eek:

Canuck

Hope you enjoy your cruise. We found the Oosterdam very nice!

Taxmantoo - Thanks SO MUCH for all the valuable information! Sad to hear about the piano bar and closing SO EARLY - good grief - what are we going to do after our late dinner?! Oh well, I guess we will be tired with doing 20 ports in 24 days - lol. Glad to hear that the food was good.

Definitely starting my packing NOW! Always so much stuff to do at the last minute!

Thanks again!:D

Canuck

We recently got switched to Oosterdam from Amsterdam for Alaska next June. Any insights on Oosterdam as a ship - good/bad/hidden gems, etc... I had not researched Amsterdam deeply assuming it would be, size wise, similar to Veendam but Vista class will be new to us. Doing an inside for darkness and not willing to pay for balcony in Alaska after last experience up there.

How did you spend your stay in Barcelona?

Spent 3 nights in Barcelona at Hotel Catalonia Ramblas before the cruise. This was our fifth or sixth time in Barcelona so did not do anything special other than a dinner at the La Pedrera Café followed by a night light show on the roof of La Pedrera. Very nice.

If you have not been to Barcelona before, they have an excellent hop-on hop-off tourist bus that takes in all the highlights. It is one of the better run such services we have encountered anywhere.

If you have time, outside the city visits to Montserrat and Sitges are definitely worth exploring.

Hi Louis,

If I recall correctly, you went to Monaco, Monte Carlo?

Were you the only ship in port and if so, did you dock or have to tender?

We are showing as the only ship but the itinerary shows us tendering so just wondering your experience. Thanks :)

Hi Louis,

If I recall correctly, you went to Monaco, Monte Carlo?

Were you the only ship in port and if so, did you dock or have to tender?

We are showing as the only ship but the itinerary shows us tendering so just wondering your experience. Thanks :)

Hi Jacqui,

We were the only ship in port ... if you can exclude the Lady Moura :)

Our original itinerary also showed us as tendering but we did dock.

Hi Jacqui,

We were the only ship in port ... if you can exclude the Lady Moura :)

Our original itinerary also showed us as tendering but we did dock.

Awesome Louis :). Thank you very much :D. That's a big help.:D