Weather at Sea in October

BubblesJo

Hi all,

I am a newbie here and my first cruise is October 2nd on the Pride sailing from Baltimore. I was curious as to what the weather is like while at sea, during the day and the night. Is it hot, warm...??

I know when we are at our ports weather should be warm and lovely assuming we don't hit any storms!

Where are you going? I don't keep track of ship schedules like some. Bermuda, the Caribbean?

Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine. I would say "warm" to "hot" all depends on the itinerary.

It is also peak hurricane season, so you never know.

It's impossible to predict the weather. October is still within hurricane season, so there's always a chance for bad storms. We sailed out of Nola 10/25 last year the day after Hurricane Patricia hit Mexico. Seas were rough, there were periods of rain and high winds, and the outside decks were closed off at times during the beginning of the trip. But, weather in the ports was beautiful and we had a fantastic time. A cruise is what you make of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are sailing out of NOLA 10/29 and figure it's a toss up. It could be gorgeous or it could be a hurricane. Either way, bring it on, we are cruising :D

Port weather should be nice and warm, sea weather will depend on what storms pop up and what area you are traveling into. Obviously if you are heading south you will be warmer weather than heading north. Evenings can still be cool and breezy at night on the water. Especially during movie nights.

We will be going to the Caribbean! I just wanted to know so I can have an idea of what to pack for. Looks like I will bring a variety of things just in case!

Thank you all for the input so far! :)

Were only bringing 1 sweater and 1 pair of track pants each, it should be warm the whole trip other then maybe a few cool nights.

Edited by dandn10

We will be going to the Caribbean! I just wanted to know so I can have an idea of what to pack for. Looks like I will bring a variety of things just in case!

In the Carib it's a beautiful time of year usually.

Yes, the ports will have beautiful weather.We have sailed the Eastern Caribbean a few times in September and early October. never have run into a tropical storm or hurricane. This is our favorite time to cruise the Caribbean. Once you get down towards Florida the weather begins to warm up. The Caribbean weather will be warm with no humidity, maybe a short shower here and there. Water will be warm for swimming. At night it gets cool on deck, this is from the breeze caused by the moving ship. A sweater or light jacket , and maybe pants is all you need. Have a great first cruise.

Caribbean is like Miami Hot and more HOT!!!! enjoy your cruise.