Upgrade advantage bid?

ahoyle77

Got an email that let me bid to upgrade my balcony room to something better. Everything from 2 bedroom suite, to a mini suite. Any advice on this? It says I will be notified of status of bid no later than 48 hours before sailing. That seems a little late to find out.

How much nicer is a mini suite than a standard balcony room on Getaway? Family of four.

Thanks!

Got an email that let me bid to upgrade my balcony room to something better. Everything from 2 bedroom suite, to a mini suite. Any advice on this? It says I will be notified of status of bid no later than 48 hours before sailing. That seems a little late to find out.

How much nicer is a mini suite than a standard balcony room on Getaway? Family of four.

Thanks!

We've only done it for two, but I would think the larger bathroom would be nice. You would gain 32 sq feet from balcony to mini-suite and if I remember correctly, better storage. When are you sailing? I hope I can get that email and give it a try:D

Thanks!

Depends on how much you end up paying and how much you folks use your stateroom. In NCL mini "suite" is a misnomer. It really should be called Balcony Plus. Balcony size is identical on both, you only lose ~ 3 feet in depth in the room. So, if you folks spend a ton of time in time in the stateroom, for a little extra it might be worth the upgrade. If your stateroom usage is "normal" (i.e. just to sleep, shower, nap) then I'm not sure I'd risk a hand-picked room for a unknown mini suite.

Our balcony room wasn't hand picked, so no big concern there. We sail Oct 30. It would cost less than 100, at least that's all I am bidding! Who knows how this will work.

If it is anything like the AirNZ one then the highest bidders get the upgrade.

If there are, say, 3 mini suites available then I would presume that those who put in the three highest bids would be the lucky ones.

BUT (and it would be a big BUT to me) they could combine the actual price paid on reservation PLUS the bid made and take the three highest totals. So if you are in an Inside you would have to bid more than someone who has already paid for a Balcony.

I presume that NCL has failed to explain the process!!! :eek:

Thanks!

What ship are you on? We also sail on Oct 30. We have an aft facing balcony but so far have not received a call or email. Did you book directly through NCL or a TA?

Edited by rthereanynamesleft