Dream Land

Greetings folks, next year we will be trying the TUI Dream out after many years cruising the western Med 32 Times :rolleyes: and 1 more this year on the TUI Discovery her who must be obeyed said we should try the Eastern side out as she is tired of doing the same old places ..can't say I disagree with her :eek: so its 2 weeks AI with and additional £100 off with the code CRUISE100 the price became acceptable :p

Over and out RR :cool:

Greetings RR:) I did the Dream in August and loved it! Are you missing your old favourite ship?

Hi Cappers, can honestly say not missing the ship ..but am missing the crew and passengers, went on the Spirit for 2 weeks in July and met up with a few "old" passengers and the shows IMHO were better than the IE with better technology. Will be on the Discovery in 13 days time just to see what the fuss is all about. Then after that it will be a long winter waiting for next June..but watch this space..might sneak another in somewhere :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dream is our favourite, six times on and another booked. Fantastic ship!!

Shellsailor:):):)

Hi. We are considering the Dream for May 2017 for our first and possibly only cruise. Can I ask what age group clientele it attracts or what types? I do not mean this question to be offensive. We are doing the cruise to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. The rest of the group are between 44 and 76. Would this be the right cruise or is it more party oriented?

Chaffesbird, thanks for replying. The thought never occured to me and don't want it badly interpreted here but a travel agent told me that Thomson used to have a bad reputation for attracting a rough crowd because they were cheaper but she also said that they could no longer be like that now. Again don't want to offend. Hadn't even thought of this until she said that but it wouldn't be the right cruise for my down to earth but elderly and active mum if that were still the case.

Hi waterlegs don't really understand what you are looking for but I will give you our experience of Thomson and hope it's of some help, we have only ever cruised with Thomson and are into our fiftieth plus cruise now so are probably a little biased. We are oldies but do enjoy the night life on board and are rarely tucked up before 2 am, but that's us , a cruise is what you make of it you do what you enjoy, I take my DJ , as do about 50% of the cruisers but that's OK and we all enjoy doing different things. We have meet some great people both young and old we find the food great and the entertainment the staff are friendly & in all our cruises we have never seen major problems with people or parties and its certainly not a cheap holiday. Everyone will have a different perspective of a cruise but it fits exactly what we require. Just try it I realise this is a special occasion for you but I don't think you would be disappointed. Good luck.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Chaffesbird, thanks for replying. The thought never occured to me and don't want it badly interpreted here but a travel agent told me that Thomson used to have a bad reputation for attracting a rough crowd because they were cheaper but she also said that they could no longer be like that now. Again don't want to offend. Hadn't even thought of this until she said that but it wouldn't be the right cruise for my down to earth but elderly and active mum if that were still the case.

We've done 35+ cruises on most of the major cruiselines and decided to try Spirit last year. We were wary because of what we'd heard about Thomson cruises, but there was absolutely no need to have worried. No rough crowd, a wide spread of ages, just normal people enjoying their cruise in their own different ways. The only thing would would have put us off in the future was the lack of balcony cabins, but with the advent of Discovery 1 and 2 that's no longer a valid point, and we'll be looking at booking the Caribbean in 2018.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Thanks pensioncruiser and suekay. Was trying to get reassurance about general behaviour onboard I suppose and that cruises wont be full of typical stag/hen night behaviours. Like I said the issue never crossed my mind until the travel agent said it used to attract a rough crowd. Thank you all

Thanks pensioncruiser and suekay. Was trying to get reassurance about general behaviour onboard I suppose and that cruises wont be full of typical stag/hen night behaviours. Like I said the issue never crossed my mind until the travel agent said it used to attract a rough crowd. Thank you all

Would be interesting to know if your Travel Agent has ever actually been on a Thomson Cruise - a lot of agents really haven't got a clue what they are taking about & it's all 'hearsay'

The best people to ask are the passengers themselves!

The ships tend to be a bit 'livelier' peak holiday season - July & August. I have been on quite a few Thomson Cruises & as with everywhere wherever you go, there are sometimes the odd few who might be a bit 'livelier' than others but I can't say that there are a lot of 'rough' people onboard. Thomsom cruises certainly aren't cheap either so not sure why your TA thinks that!!

It can be quite a party atmosphere in parts of the ship - the Sailway deck parties & around the swimming pool when they have ice carving, cocktail making etc on but you can avoid those if necessary - there are quiter places to go. The Dream is a lovely ship & the staff are great as are the shows &'the food.

Edited by Julessmiles

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. We are considering the Dream for May 2017 for our first and possibly only cruise. Can I ask what age group clientele it attracts or what types? I do not mean this question to be offensive. We are doing the cruise to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. The rest of the group are between 44 and 76. Would this be the right cruise or is it more party oriented?

We've just booked our first cruise for May 2017, a week on the Thomson Dream with drinks package included. I too was a little wary before booking as we've previously done hotels / apartments but next year marks the first year of not having to opt for school holidays so we decided on something different. My sister and her family are regulars on Thomson cruises and the age range of her party spans ages 10 years to mid 60's. We are a couple in our (lateish) 40's and I am looking forward to trying out something new :)

We've done 35+ cruises on most of the major cruiselines and decided to try Spirit last year. We were wary because of what we'd heard about Thomson cruises, but there was absolutely no need to have worried. No rough crowd, a wide spread of ages, just normal people enjoying their cruise in their own different ways. The only thing would would have put us off in the future was the lack of balcony cabins, but with the advent of Discovery 1 and 2 that's no longer a valid point, and we'll be looking at booking the Caribbean in 2018.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

We have a similar cruising history to suekay, and like balcony cabins. Last month we were on Discovery and really enjoyed the ship and our fellow passengers who were a lovely mix of ages and so friendly. We have booked on her again.