Miami Sightseeing Day-Tours Leaving from Fort Lauderdale, FL

traveller236

Hello,

Post-cuise, we will be in Fort-Lauderdale for 12 hours waiting for our flight back to Toronto. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a day round-trip sightseeing tour from Fort Lauderdale to Miami? We will disembark at 6:00 a.m. and our flight will leave Fort Lauderdale at 21:00.

Thank you.

Hello,

Post-cuise, we will be in Fort-Lauderdale for 12 hours waiting for our flight back to Toronto. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a day round-trip sightseeing tour from Fort Lauderdale to Miami? We will disembark at 6:00 a.m. and our flight will leave Fort Lauderdale at 21:00.

Thank you.

We are in a similar predicament, except we will be leaving from Fort Lauderdale. We are considering doing the Princess excursion that will take us to the Everglades for an air-boat ride, followed by a tram/garden tour, and then delivery of us (and our luggage) to the airport.

Living here, I can tell you that the airboat ride is probably one of the most original and unique things you can do here in the time allotted. Whenever snowbird friends or family visit, they always enjoy our visits there. Anything else you do here might be repetitive to a cruise, unless you really want that "one more beach day".

But BRING EAR PLUGS! Nothing fancy, just the little foamy things from any drug store will do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by yuccaman

Hello,

Thank you.

Why would you be disembarking at 6 AM?

I do suggest taking one of the Princess tours (I agree the everglades one is a good one) and you will be dropped off at FLL at the end of the tour. That will be in early afternoon, so you will still have a number of hours until your flight.

Why would you be disembarking at 6 AM?

I do suggest taking one of the Princess tours (I agree the everglades one is a good one) and you will be dropped off at FLL at the end of the tour. That will be in early afternoon, so you will still have a number of hours until your flight.

caribill, have you taken one of these tours? It sounds good, but some assurance it is a good tour would make me feel better about signing up for it.

Hello,

Thank you.

Believe you will have to rent a car if you wish to go to Miami. I think any Princess disembarkation tour to Miami would end at Miami airport, not Ft. Lauderdale. A taxi from Miami airport to Ft. Lauderdale would be around US$85. Your ship is scheduled to dock, not disembark, at 6:00am. Early walk off, wheel your own luggage, will most likely begin around 7am and the first regular disembarkation probably around 7:30/7:45. Since your flight departs at 9pm, you have maybe 9/10 hours to explore. A Princess disembarkation tour will only fill up about 3 hours. So, if you wish to fill the day a rental car appears to be the way to go. If you go to Miami allow at least 1 hour driving time each way, maybe longer on the return to Ft. Lauderdale as it will be during the high traffic hours.

Here's another possibility since your flight to Toronto is so late (you'll spend hours hanging out at FLL which isn't a very comfortable airport) and most airlines won't allow you to check luggage until about 3 hours before flight time:

1. If possible (not sure since you're flying to Canada) use EZ Check to take care of your checked luggage. Go to step 3. If that isn't possible when you disembark the ship take a cab to the Fort Lauderdale Airport terminal your flight will depart from. Each terminal has a Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) storage area and you can check your luggage for day. I think pick up is by 5:30 pm leaving you time for dinner at the airport and check-in.
  2. On the weekends the Sun Trolley offers a free hourly (on the hour departing from the airport; on the half hour from downtown) sun trolley ride to/from the airport to downtown Fort Lauderdale (Himmarshee Village) (http://www.suntrolley.com/airport-link/) with the last return trip at 4:30 pm. You will be back in time before Bags to Go closes.
    • Alternatively take a cab downtown and/or return to the airport

[*]Spend your day riding the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) getting off for lunch, to take a look at the beach, etc. Alternatively a 1 1/2 hour boat tour of the intracoastal on the Carrie B leaves from the New River right off of Las Olas Blvd and one on the Jungle Queen leaves from the intracoastal across from the beach. Also take a stroll down Las Olas Blvd (http://www.lasolasboulevard.com). There are plenty of restaurants, galleries, shops, etc.

You might find more ideas in the Fort Lauderdale tourist website: http://www.sunny.org.

caribill, have you taken one of these tours? It sounds good, but some assurance it is a good tour would make me feel better about signing up for it.

Yes, we have taken the Everglades Airboat Ride & Flamingo Gardens with Fort Lauderdale Airport Transfer tour (FLL-650) and enjoyed it very much.

You will still get to FLL by 1 or 2 PM, hours before your flight.

Yes, we have taken the Everglades Airboat Ride & Flamingo Gardens with Fort Lauderdale Airport Transfer tour (FLL-650) and enjoyed it very much.

You will still get to FLL by 1 or 2 PM, hours before your flight.

Thanks for your reply. I think it's a good option for us. Now I just need to convince my DW.

I booked this excursion for myself and granddaughter. We get in on the Regal early morning, but our flight west isn't until evening. I have taken a Departure excursion on the way to airport before and it worked out great[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app