Anthem *coco cay bed/bungalow rental* anyone??

Theresa522

Hi, I am having a very hard time finding out some information on either the bed rental $125 or the Bungalow rental $195 in COCO CAY. Has anyone recently rented one?

If so how close to the water are they? My dh and I love going in and out of water and would rather something close. Plus we would want a direct view of the water. I only say this because in some pictures it looks like there can be beds/bungalows located directly in front of yours :confused:

Are they located by the bathrooms, bar, etc? Not sure which is better to purchase.

Thank you for any help.

Edited by Theresa522

Hi Theresa..you may have already seen this thread, but there is a ton of info and pics. Even though page one of the tread is about the cabanas, page two starts to discuss and show pics of what they call "cabinettes" even though it should be "bungalows" . We were originally going to get the "bed" but decided against it for a few reasons, mainly because the beds to not keep you out of the sun. We love the sofa's, that may seat 8 people and having a table to put your food and drinks. It also comes with 4 loungers, so if you want to be in the sun, you may. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381092&page=2

Unless you really want the "shelter" of a "for rent" place, there are loungers available to everyone at no cost at all! You can drag them right to water's edge, if you want!

Please give it a rest. I see you comment on everyone's questions like this. You are not helping.

Hi Theresa..you may have already seen this thread, but there is a ton of info and pics. Even though page one of the tread is about the cabanas, page two starts to discuss and show pics of what they call "cabinettes" even though it should be "bungalows" . We were originally going to get the "bed" but decided against it for a few reasons, mainly because the beds to not keep you out of the sun. We love the sofa's, that may seat 8 people and having a table to put your food and drinks. It also comes with 4 loungers, so if you want to be in the sun, you may. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381092&page=2

So do you know if there are other bungalows in front of you? I would hate to pay all that money only to have someone right in front of us blocking our view. Also, are they close to water? I did see the other thread but it is kind of hard to tell. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

Unless you really want the "shelter" of a "for rent" place, there are loungers available to everyone at no cost at all! You can drag them right to water's edge, if you want!

I cannot stay in the sun for long periods of time therefore I need to know I have some kind of shade. Trees are nice but unfortunately when the sun moves there goes that. Are there umbrellas? Thanks

The beach is directly in front of the beach beds and beach bungalows. When you get off the ship, you checkin at the excursion desk and they will show you where you get picked up. They take you on a golf cart to South Beach (which I believe was previously Barefoot Beach). There is a bar right there between the Bungalos and Beds, and the bathroom is behind the Bungalos. They come around and give a menu so you can order food they bring to you, or you could request a ride back if you want the food with everyone else. We loved it. We had my in-laws with us that needed the shade, plus my 4 year old really needed the shade. We also loved that it was only the people in the beds and Bungalos. We hate crowds That we normally find at a beach, this was nice and secluded.

So do you know if there are other bungalows in front of you? I would hate to pay all that money only to have someone right in front of us blocking our view. Also, are they close to water? I did see the other thread but it is kind of hard to tell. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

There are 2 rows of Bungalos and 2 rows of beds. They are spaced so you can still see. You choose which bed or bungalow you want when you arrive. The earlier you arrive, obviously your best chance for a front row bed or bungalow. We didn't get their first thing and got front row, but we were sailing Majesty, so maybe not as many people renting them.

The beach is directly in front of the beach beds and beach bungalows. When you get off the ship, you checkin at the excursion desk and they will show you where you get picked up. They take you on a golf cart to South Beach (which I believe was previously Barefoot Beach). There is a bar right there between the Bungalos and Beds, and the bathroom is behind the Bungalos. They come around and give a menu so you can order food they bring to you, or you could request a ride back if you want the food with everyone else. We loved it. We had my in-laws with us that needed the shade, plus my 4 year old really needed the shade. We also loved that it was only the people in the beds and Bungalos. We hate crowds That we normally find at a beach, this was nice and secluded.

I just want to clarify as I had plans to go to barefoot beach on my upcoming visit to CocoCay. Please verify that only people that rent the Bungalows and Beds can go to barefoot beach now. Thank you for any information received.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by harleylady98

The beach is directly in front of the beach beds and beach bungalows. When you get off the ship, you checkin at the excursion desk and they will show you where you get picked up. They take you on a golf cart to South Beach (which I believe was previously Barefoot Beach). There is a bar right there between the Bungalos and Beds, and the bathroom is behind the Bungalos. They come around and give a menu so you can order food they bring to you, or you could request a ride back if you want the food with everyone else. We loved it. We had my in-laws with us that needed the shade, plus my 4 year old really needed the shade. We also loved that it was only the people in the beds and Bungalows. We hate crowds That we normally find at a beach, this was nice and secluded.
THANK YOU so much for this great information!!! This is what I have been searching for..lol NOW which do I do?? Do the beds offer as much shade as the bungalow? Do the bungalows have table and chairs? That would be a plus when it comes to eating and drinking. I love the fact that they bring the food to you, how cool :D Edited by Theresa522

I just want to clarify as I had plans to go to barefoot beach on my upcoming visit to CocoCay. Please verify that only people that rent the Bungalows and Beds can go to barefoot beach now. Thank you for any information received.

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that "suite guests" were allowed on Barefoot Beach. Someone clarify?

THANK YOU so much for this great information!!! This is what I have been searching for..lol NOW which do I do?? Do the beds offer as much shade as the bungalow? Do the bungalows have table and chairs? That would be a plus when it comes to eating and drinking. I love the fact that they bring the food to you, how cool :D

The bungalows have an L shaped sofa/table and thatched roof. Didn't you look at the thread with pics I sent you?:confused: The bed has just draped material flying in the wind. No sun coverage. :):):)

From what I witnessed, people were fine to walk through where the beds and bungalows are, but if they try to set up near them, they will get run off. I believe there were the regular free loungers for anyone closer to where the swim up bar is located, not for sure, because I didn't go that way.

THANK YOU so much for this great information!!! This is what I have been searching for..lol NOW which do I do?? Do the beds offer as much shade as the bungalow? Do the bungalows have table and chairs? That would be a plus when it comes to eating and drinking. I love the fact that they bring the food to you, how cool :D

The bungalows provide better shade. The beds can have the curtains pulled to block, but if it's slightly windy, they are annoying.

The bungalows have an L shaped sofa/table and thatched roof. Didn't you look at the thread with pics I sent you?:confused: The bed has just draped material flying in the wind. No sun coverage. :):):)

Just looked now and I guess if I want some shade I will take a bungalow. thank you for your help!!! :)

Just looked now and I guess if I want some shade I will take a bungalow. thank you for your help!!! :)

FYI....ours went on sale after we purchased it...so watch for sales. If this happens, you can cancel "on line" and re-book or you can call RCCL and they will do it for you. (which is what I did). Good luck!!! :):):)

Despite this pearl of wisdom, to the OP, I have one rented for my upcoming visit and assuming we make it ashore, I'll get plenty of pictures

FYI....ours went on sale after we purchased it...so watch for sales. If this happens, you can cancel "on line" and re-book or you can call RCCL and they will do it for you. (which is what I did). Good luck!!! :):):)
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. I did notice that people are saying they paid $225 so glad it went down a bit since then.

I found this info on another site:

Royal Caribbean describes these beach bungalows as a haven of tranquility, a type of "members-only" area. Each beach bungalow includes floating beach mats, water, and beach towels. Transportation to and from Beach Bungalows is via private Cocolimo shuttle transportation.

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that "suite guests" were allowed on Barefoot Beach. Someone clarify?

Both Labadee and Coco Cay have a beach called Barefoot Beach and on Labadee only, the beach is for suite guests, pinnacles and those that have rented a cabana on Barefoot Beach. Anyone can walk along the beach on Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay, which is also called South Beach and it's where they recently built the floating bar.

NEW--- Enhanced South Beach with new amenities such as: complimentary shuttle transfer, lounge chairs, floating bar, beach beds, bungalows, and loungers.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/images/ports/pages/cococay-2015-map.pdf

Edited by Life is Good Cruising